𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

After the rumbling stopped, we stood up and looked out the window, half of the hospital was gone. It wasnt there, just remains of it, and peoples guts all over the floor, Lori covered mine and Carls eyes. My mother and father were there. They were in that area. No.. Please no.. I cant afford to loose them too..

But that was a year ago. I'm now 13. Carl also being 13, but turning 14 in a week or so. I guess this whole thing is some sort of Zombie outbreak? whatever these things are, they are not human, they kill, and eat us, like we were some walking bacon. I've grew cold in this world. I could hardly speak to people about my feelings, no matter how hard I try, words just seem to struggle to leave my mouth.

We escaped the hospital, Lori taking me and Carl out, A man named Shane was out there, who was apparently Carls dads bestfriend. We got into his car and started driving and driving and driving.

A few weeks later, we were settled down in a camp, I was sat ontop of the RV with a man named Dale. He's super old but hes kind, so I often hang around with him. , I decided to settle with a mask, I cut my lip bad when I fell down in the hospital, and it was just added to the list of my insecurities.

"what you pondering about, Y/N?" Dale asks.

"I'm just thinking about my uncle.. if he really did die in that hospital.." I reply.

dale patted my shoulder and just hopped off the RV, hes not great with comforting me. Lori has tried to comfort me and help teach Dale how to, but, he does try his best.

I remained ontop of the RV, keeping an eye out. I'm pretty good with guns, my uncle used to teach me when I was little.

suddenly, we heard something on the CB.

"hello? base camp?" T-Dog said, speaking over the radio.

"Can you guys hear me?"

Everyone came and gathered over by the RV, while Dale climbs back up and answers, I lower my sniper rifle as Dale talks.

"hello? hello? Receptions bad on our end." Dale replies to T.

"were in some deep shit, trapped in an apartment store." T-dog said.

shane muttered something and I just looked at him with the side of my eye.

"there are geeks all over the place. hundreds of them. were surrounded." T-dog said.

I decide to walk away and sit down by a campfire, I'm not interested in whats being said. I have no care in the world.
everyone was talking to T-Dog, worried as hell.

I start sharpening my blade with a stone.

I see Amy run off and shane turns and looks at Lori. she nods her head and runs off after Amy.

Sooner or later, I felt a drop of rain on my forehead, I look up and see thunder clouds starting to roll in. I like the rain, its comforting for some reason. besides, it just seems like a little burst, nothing serious. I just sat back on the camping chair, closing my eyes and resting my head upwards, the rain starting showering, it wasnt that bad, and it passed in a few minutes.

Carl and Lori came over and sat near me.

"Y/N! wanna see something cool I made?" Carl cheered as he moved more close to me.

"Sure." I flashed a smile at him.

He got out a little bracelet he made, it was out of a few threads, it was black and white.

"pretty." I raised my eyebrows, actually impressed.

"give me your wrist." Carl said.

I put my wrist towards him and he tied the bracelet around it, tightly.

Lori just watched and smiled.

Then, Lori patted the log she was sat on for Carl to sit infront of her.

She was holding scissors and a comb. Shane came over and sat opposite us. They started talking, but I just went back to sharpening my knife.

Shane said something to Carl which made him turn his head back to his mum, but she just turned his head back around.

We started to hear a car alarm in the distance, I stood up, putting my knife back in its holster, putting my hand over my eyes so I could see without the sun being in my eyes.

Word Count: 749