Chapter 2: Shocking Surprise

Vanessa POV

Edward ushered me into the room as he took his jacket off, placing it on the bed.
"What is your name darling?" He asked me. I closed the room door and walked over to meet him.
Should I tell him my real name? That will risk everything and he will remember.

"I'm lady red."

"That is so sexy. Your body is amazing too." He complimented.

I went closer to him and straddled him while he sat on the bed. I put my arm around his neck and took in his handsomeness. I can't believe I once used to date this man. He is so successful now, and rich.

"Are we going to keep talking or are you going to show me what you've got?" I said seductively. Without hesitation, Edward leaned into me for a kiss. I welcomed his advances, sinking my hands into his wonderful hair. His scent smelt the same, but is also enveloped in a more enticing expensive male cologne.

Edward Pulled away from the kiss.

"Have we met before?" He asked. His tone changed, becoming serious and interrogative. His facial expression changed too, wearing a look of confusion and a sudden familiarity that he had kissed me before.

"What do you mean?" I said to him. Immediately getting up with the consciousness that he might take off the mask on my face. He stood up too, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Tell me your real name. Now." He demanded. His tone was becoming more serious. For a moment I became scared.

"My Clients know me as Lady red Mister." I tried to keep it cool, my heart was racing with fear.

"Take your mask off for me darling." He tried a different approach, towering over me with his height and bending down to plant soft kisses on my boobs.

"Clients have to pay extra for that." I said to him, softening up at the feeling of his lips on my nipples. He had taken one out of my bra. This man. He was so tempting.

He pulled away and brought his gaze back to my masked face.

"I'll pay you 10,000 dollars extra just to see that beautiful face. Now please. Take it off."

10k just to see my face? Edward had become so rich over the years. It felt almost too good to be true. I really need this money. Once I gather enough I'll be able to have my own empire. My law firm and fashion industry. Then I'll never have to work at this strip club again. In the dimness of the room light, I took a deep breath, fighting all odds in my mind as I unloosened my mask from my face. Taking it off as it fell to the floor.

Edward's eyes widened in complete shock and disbelief.

"Vanessa Coleman? Is it really you?" He moved back, slumping on the bed as he sat upright.

I reached for the main light in the room and I turned it on. The previously dim room was now fully illuminated.

"Suprise!" I said dryly, approaching him as I sat down on the bed in unison with him.

"I can't believe it's you." He turned to face me, throwing his arms around me for a hug. I hugged him back. My eyes started to tear up a bit. Lord knows I've missed him too.

"How have you been Nessa? Where did you go all this time?" He pulled away from the hug letting his hands remain on my shoulders.

"I've been Simply, surviving. Look at you! You're successful! And a billionaire!" I smiled, thinking of so many things that could go wrong from his discovery about me.

"How did you know about me being a billionaire?" His mood changed, almost like he wasn't happy with the fact that I called him that. He took his hands off my shoulders.

"Do you even know who you are? There is so much gossip and news about you Edward. You're not hard to miss." I replied, scanning the room for my jacket so I could wrap it around me. I felt embarrassed.

"Nessa." He called.

"Yes?"

"Why are you stripping? You graduated top of your class. You shouldn't even be here. I c-"

"I need the Money Edward. It's quick money. And relax. I just started working here a month ago." I cut him off. I wasn't ready for his speech. A billionaire like him wouldn't understand how it felt to lack money.

"But you could have reached out to me Nessa." He took my hand , pulling me closer. I resisted him. My eyes are tearing up. Old unhealed wounds resurfaced.

"We broke up Edward. And you cheated on me remember? Years after college I tried to reach out to you but I never got through. Our circle isn't the same anymore. Did you even try to contact me?"

"I did." He whispered, sounding a little guilty and sad.

"Well you didn't try hard enough." I broke down into tears completely. Edward threw his arms around me and we hugged. No one knows how rough life has been for me this past 5 years.

Edward and I spent the night catching up on the lives we had lived apart. Talking with him reminded me of how much I missed us together. Even though he had his bad side, the good parts of him were magnificent. When morning came, he offered to drop me off by my house with his 2 body guards positioned in the car. The front door opened and my Son came running out after sighting Edward and I from the window.

Shit. Why did he come out?

"Mommy!" He yelled in excitement, throwing his arms around me. I bent down to embrace him. I glanced at Edward and I could sense his eyes had turned cold and dark. I know he wants to say something.

"Hey little buddy, what's your name?" Edward asked, gesturing his hand at my boy for a hand shake.

"Liam." He responded shaking Edward as he smiled at him. It's almost like Edward was trying to be sure of what he wants to say before he uttered it. But even a fool would know that Liam was his son from just staring at the two of them.

"Honey why don't you go inside and wait for me?" Liam obliged and ran back in Excitedly.

"VANESSA!" Edward said hoarsely causing my bones to jolt from within me in fear.

"Edward please let me—"

"Did we have a Son together?" He cut me off. He looked angry and hurt. This is not how I wanted him to find out.

"Edward I know you're upset but please listen."

"Yes or no Vanessa? Don't make me repeat myself." He commanded. A tear drop rolled down my cheeks.

"Yes." I replied, not knowing would come next.

"Then you leave me with no choice." Edward turned away from me, heading for my front door. Was he about to do what I was thinking?