Chapter 4: New Life

Vanessa  POV

Edward's bodyguards helped in loading the SUV with our boxes as I ushered Liam into the car.
"Where are we going mommy?" He asked me curiously. I didn't even know what to tell him cause I had no idea of what to expect. But I decided to be hopeful.

"We're going to our new home Liam. You're going to love it."  I hope my words are true

"Yay" he responded to me as he returned his attention to his Nintendo game console.

The car stopped and pulled over at a stunning white mansion. It was so beautiful. Nothing like I'd ever seen before in the city of New York. Edward must have just newly acquired this place. It seemed like he was just moving in too.

The mansion had big see through gates circled all over it. The design of the gate was very rare and the color was mixed with shiny silver stones like rubies.

The gate required a code and had a security camera right outside it. One of the body guards typed it in and the gates flew open, revealing a beautiful garden. The garden was well nourished and filled with different colors of roses to the right. And to my left? Unbelievable.

Edward put a play ground with a few fun rides that kids loved to play in. I turned to Liam and his face lit up instantly at the sight of it. 

Edward knew how to make his money do the talking. It almost makes me feel bad for not having enough to give my son the proper lifestyle he deserves. Was this arrangement made to just rub his wealth in my face? If Liam fell for his tricks then he would surely choose him over me. A feeling of nervousness began to overwhelm me as I thought of the endless possibilities. It was me vs Edward. Who would win? Towards the farthest corner to my right there is a swimming pool covered by a shed. To the opposite sides I could spot about 4 exotic cars. A Bentley, Lamborghini,  2 Mercedes Benz and then the black SUV behind me. We finally got into the mansion and the interior was even more fascinating. The furniture, walls and floor boards gave off the vibe of a rich and classy setting. The chandelier was golden and very huge, it lit up the living room as we walked further in. There are a few maids scurrying around and they seem kind.

"Good evening miss, I'm Alice. it's nice to meet you." One greeted me, offering to take my bags and my coat off. 
"Nice to meet you, I'm Vanessa." I spoke

My eyes spotted Edward as he emerged from the staircase, taking slow strides down and turning round to come to where I was standing. He was dressed in a dark suit, looking as handsome as ever. Was he preparing to go out?

"Wow mom. This place is so cool. Are we really going to stay here?" He tugged on my arm asking excitedly. Before I could respond, Edward jumped in.

"Of course my boy. This is your new home, you can do what ever you want." He smiled cheerfully, stretching his arm out to hold Liam, but he resisted and leaned in closer to me instead. Liam felt scared.

"Is this the man that made you cry mommy ?" I heard him say glaring at Edward like he had just seen a ghost. Edward finally turned to look at me, daring me with his eyes with hope that I will speak well of him.

I had to lie for my son.I turned to face him and I bent down so our eyes could meet.

"No baby, he didn't make me cry. This is your father, his name is Edward. Remember when I told you he travelled far away?" I reminded  him.

Whenever Liam asked about his father I always told him that Edward travelled to a far place and would be back someday. Turns out I was right. 

Liam nodded in response.

"He's back now my love and he's here to stay. Talk to him okay? He loves you." I said to him and Liam warmed up and walked over to Edward. He opened his arms and embraced Liam like he was just seeing him for the first time. Watching them interact like this brought peace to my heart. But my fate lies in his hands and he toils it like the wind.