Learn To Listen

It was Sunday morning, Lilith and Dru had spent the last few days blissfully alone. Their bond grew stronger with every passing minute. It was one week since they had met and completed their mating bond and in a lot of ways it was like they had been together their whole lives. They still had a lot to learn about each other, details and memories that had filled their lives prior, but they knew the most important things. The ideals, beliefs, and morals, that were the base of each other's soul, aligned perfectly. The rest was just details.

Dru had been away from the office for a week. It was expected that he would take some time off now that he found his mate, Kenneth and Scott were running things more than adequately. There were a few things only the Alpha could do, however. E-mail responses were one of those things. He dreaded letting them pile up for too long, so he got out his laptop to try to minimize the onslaught he would face when he went back to work.

He had made himself comfortable in the reclining chair that was in what Lilith named 'the log cabin room'. It was really the informal living room. The room was honey colored, with dark, soft leather furniture that invited you to sink in and relax. A large stone fireplace filled one entire wall. Facing it was a wall that was lined with bookshelves. The far wall was mostly large floor to ceiling windows that looked out into the trees of the surrounding forest. A set of French doors to the far left opened to the patio that wrapped around this side of the house. Fred loved laying out there in the afternoon sun. The sturdy wooden staircase that led to the forest floor provided him freedom to come and go as he pleased.

Lilith followed Dru there and had curled up on the black leather sofa with a book about Hekate. The distance between them was distracting them both, she had tried to give him his space so he could concentrate but kept glancing over at him across the room every few minutes. Dru was doing the same towards her. Finally, Lilith got up without a word and walked over to him, he lifted his laptop automatically to make room for her. She curled up against him and they settled in, both calming down instantly.

"What are you toiling over, my love?" Dru asked when he had caught up on his e-mails. "You've been reading that same page for a while now. Plus, I can feel you're worried."

"Damn mate bond." She mumbled

"What is it?" He closed his laptop and put it aside. "Tell me, maybe I can help."

"I was thinking about my friends." She admitted, closing her book.

Dru took the book from her hand and laid it on top of the laptop. Shifting his weight so Lilith could cuddle into him better, he said "The one that wanted to climb me like a tree?"

She sighed and dropped her head "Yes, Kate, and Ruby, too. I'm not sure what they believe. Do they also think I left six months ago? Do they remember anything that happened in those six months that I still remember? Probably should have gotten more info on it."

"Why don't you just call them?"

"That's the thing. I don't know how to approach them. I don't know where they think I am or if they even want to hear from me."

Dru thought for a bit. "Maybe text them. That way you can gauge from their answers what they know. Plus, it gives you a little time to think about how you're going to respond back." he held her a little tighter "Don't be scared."

"Stupid bond. Stop feeling all my feelings!"

"Stop sending them to me!" he chuckled. "It's a good thing only I can link with you, you're still learning, you keep forgetting to block yourself. It would be a little awkward if you accidently sent out how much you enjoy having my dick in your mouth to the whole pack." He teased.