Chapter 4

As I washed my hands and checked my outfit out in the mirror, I assumed Jeongin would be waiting for me out in the hallway, but it was empty.

I knew where the stairs were, but the hallway was calling my name to explore it, and for once, I actually did what I wanted to.

If I couldn't kiss Jeongin, then I was going to explore the beautiful house in all its glory.

I put my hand on the wall and felt goosebumps on my arms from the smooth texture.
I stopped in my tracks when I saw a painting hanging on the wall.

I turned my head and stared at the colors colliding.

Why did this painting look so familiar?

Because I painted it.

It's my painting

How did they have one of my paintings, I racked my brain of memories that could help me until I heard a floorboard squeak.

" What do you think you're doing? " My body stiffened from the growl that hit my ears,
Was this Jeongin? Did he not want me to be looking at my painting?

I slowly turned towards the way I was walking and saw a man.... a man that looked like he could kill me at any moment.

" You think you can do anything you want?" he growled again in a deep threatening voice.
I felt like I couldn't breathe, my eyes were wide, and I tried to speak, but my throat felt tight.

" But you can't," he says, glaring deep into my eyes. He slowly started to walk closer to me, and I walked back. With every step he took forward, I took one back until my shoulders lightly hit a wall.

I looked down and saw the stairs from the way I came up.
I looked back at him, but he was only a few inches away from me.

" You thought you could come back here and hurt him again," he huffs, and I can feel his breath touch my cheek.

'Come back?' What was he talking about? This was my first time here unless Jeongin knew I had wanted to kiss him and felt like someone was targeting him again.

Did I make Jeongin uncomfortable like that woman?

Before I could say anything, I felt a hand around my throat. It wasn't cutting off my breathing, but it was hard enough to scare me.

" You see I don't usually use my strength to hurt someone because of laws in place" his face was close to mine and our noses almost touched, I slowly put my hand on his that was wrapped around my throat.
He gripped a little tighter, and I could feel the dizziness start to take effect.

" But if I ever see your face again..... I won't give a shit about the law ..... no one hurts my boys or ill hurt you, " he whispers, but the growl in his voice never went away.

I could feel tears start to sting the corners of my eyes, he scared me .... he scared the shit out of me, but I knew he wasn't talking about me, I had saved Jeongin and didn't even tell him about how I felt.
I knew there was no way this man with this much fire in his eyes would be talking about me.

But his words..... his words brought me back to my breakup.

Rob

He was the one who threatened me.... told me he would kill me if we didn't break up so I said yes... I said yes go be with the woman you fucked last week because you love her more than me.

I hated the way our relationship ended but I don't know if I would go through it again to fix the ending.

My mind snapped back to reality when his phone started to ring in his pocket, I looked at his pants and back into his eyes.

He slowly let go of my neck and I started to cry more and cough for air.

" don't move," he said pointing at me and I nodded while coughing on the floor.

As he answered his phone I looked at the stairs with my blurred eyes. I knew I could escape quickly while he was distracted but he told me not to move and something inside of me wanted to obey him. Maybe it was fear or maybe it was curiosity but I kept my body still on the floor as my lungs took in air that it was lacking five minutes ago.

I wiped my eyes to see him clearer, he looked like he was freaking out on the person on the other end of the call.

He hangs up and looks at me with wide eyes.

" Jasmine?" We both whip our heads towards the stairs, Jeongin slowly walks up the stairs and stops at the top. He looks at both of us with confused eyes but turns his eyes towards me with concern while I try to get up off the floor.

~~~
My hand on her neck felt so good, I felt like I could finally show her how much she hurt Jeongin.

Even when her eyes started to water from fear I still kept my hand on her neck making sure I didn't put too much pressure on it.

Her eyes started to fade a little, I was going to let her go before she passed out but my phone started to ring.

Her eyes came back to life and looked at my pants and then up at me.

" don't move" I growled and let her neck go as I answered my phone. I ignored her panting and desperate gasps for air when I heard my security guard on the other end.

" what is it?" I ask annoyed.

"We found her and she is out of the house we even told her we would call the police " I squinted my eyes out of confusion.

" wait... she's gone?... meaning she's not in the house at all?" I looked out of the corner of my eyes as the girl on the floor was crying.

" yes, sir it's up to you if you want to call the police or not" I stopped breathing for a second and hung up the phone.

I-i if she was gone then.... who was this?

I turned my eyes to hers and started to back away a little, oh god what did I just do?

" shit... shit" I mumble under my breath as she finally wipes the tears from her eyes and looks at me.

" Jasmine?" My head instantly whipped to look at Jeongin on the stairs with confused eyes.

I look back at her... well Jasmine I'm guessing her name is and she was trying to stand.
Jeongin walks to her and helps her up but my hand is now on my mouth in udder terror.

" Are you okay .. what happened? " He asked her but looked at me still confused.

" nothing ah I tripped in the hallway and .... he helped me," she says looking at me.

Was she trying to cover for me basically assaulting her?
Oh my god... I attacked her and almost made her pass out.

It was quiet in the hallway as I was fastly freaking out mentally.

"But why is your neck red?" Jeongin asked touching her neck and she just shrugged.

"Why do you have my paintings hanging up on the wall?" She asked letting go of Jeongin and standing on her own.

Is this girl crazy... I just choked her and she wants to talk about art... the fuck?

"What?" Me and Jeongin say at the same time.