𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕~𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

128 A

128 A.C

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

DRAGONSTONE

"I hate Daemon, Lemoncake" Vellena spatted out of nowhere, but her lilac eyes never left the book page. The weather was very peaceful that day, warm sun and blue clear sky, so Aegon's Garden seemed the perfect place for Vellena's daily marathon on reading at least five books a day. She had already read most of the books from the Dragonstone library and concluded that she needed new ones, asking her mother if grandsire would send some with a ship seemed rather silly and surely the Maester from the Red Keep or Alicent could highly disagree on the matter.

"If we make the calculations correct then this is the sixth year since mother is married to that dragon-dung face AND she's pregnant the third time! Like what the actual fuck?!" Vellena scoffed turning the page of the book from her lap, she was wearing the light-pink flowery gown that Rhaenys gifted her on her 15th nameday, her hair was tied in a round messy bun that had a braid around it and two locks loosed on the sides of her face. The princess knew little of how children were created, she acknowledged the birthing process to be rather traumatizing but how the small thing appeared in the women's belly was one of the many mysteries she yearned to discern.

Two pairs of little paws touched her leg, slightly scratching her skin through the fabric of her gown, Vellena averted her lilac eyes from the captivating phrases of the story towards the cat cubs meowing and trying to jump on her thighs. Lemoncake got pregnant four moons ago for the first time because she managed to escape the castel corridors for a while and Vellena began to worry so much until one night when the yellow fluff sneaked back into the bed  and the princess woke up with her friend next to her. She had not figured out, Lemoncake's state until the fifth week since her arrival back, a bit of round belly and so much appetite for fish, more than Vellena accustomed her kitten to. The ninth week, in the middle of one night, Lemoncake began to meow so loud that all the west wing of the Sea Dragon Tower. Lemoncake did not wish to give birth unless Vellena was the one to stay by her side, the animal hissed at the Maester and refused any other handmaid except for her princess's pressence. The royal cat birthed two little puffs, one female with orange amidst shades of black stripes that was named Mera and the other male with white as snow alongside a dark-yellow dot on top of its head was gifted the name Berion.

"Finished your meal already? Hm?" Vellena chuckled lifting them both in her lap, a soft smile on her lips as she brushed her finger through their fragile fluffy coat.
"Fatigued your mother enough, I believe" her gaze moved to her left where Lemoncake was laying serenely with her back leaning Vellena's knee. Berion took Vellena's finger between his small claws and tried to bit the skin with his growing teeth but the gesture only tickled the princess. Little Mera got distracted by the instinctive moves of her brother's tail so she tried with all her strength to catch it in her mouth.