Guilty Conscience

Hi y'all, I'm back!!! I just got off for Labor Day weekend and thought I should write a chapter! I'm sorry for not posting on Monday, I was at my grandmother's apartment space and didn't really want to write, plus it would've taken longer because I would've been working on mobile. So here's a sorta long chapter for y'all to make it up!

Enjoy!

(Narrator's PoV)

(One week later)

Y/N sat on the couch, their hair disheveled and their red eyes dull. Why must I suffer? they thought, reaching up and pulling on their hair. From a bit further away sat the Blood God himself. What does he think? Does he regret leaving me alone? The thoughts ran through their head. They were right. Now, holding a Greek Mythology book in their hands, they stared down at the page, not bothering to actually read.

Technoblade felt guilt, his emotions hidden by his usual cold demeanor. His pink hair was in its usual braid, neater than what his sibling would do. He should really expect it. Y/N was thirteen, almost fourteen now. They don't need to be caught up in my troubles, he thought as his gaze rested on his beloved sibling just a couple feet away.

Protect

E

Child

Cutieee

Must defend at all costsss

EEEE

Gods, how the voices were annoying. They had a point though. Y/N was a child, not to mention his beloved sibling, the one he swore to his parents that he'd protect. I've not done a good job of that, he realized, feeling a sharper pang of guilt. Memories stirred up inside him, flooding his mind.

----

"I'm a person! Discs aren't people!"

---

"You betrayed me from the start, Tommy!"

---

"You never thought of me as a friend, Tommy, you just used me from the start! The Blade, that's all I was to you, the 'Blade'!"

---

"You want to be a hero, Tommy? Then DIE LIKE ONE!"

---

"I choose blood!"

---

"What are you doing in my house, Tommy?!"

---

"I would've fought all of them for you, Tommy. I would've been there."

---

"Welcome home, Theseus!"

----

Now, looking back, Techno realized what a moron he was. That dream from about a month and a half ago was just a nightmare. It was just one of his greatest fears coming to life. That's all nightmares were, right? Ever since that weird game option, he thought, he's been afraid. But being the God he is, the great Blood God, one that shows no fear to anyone, not even his closest friends, allies, or even family, he's had to hide that emotion for the greater good. Now, finally shaking himself from his pensive (thoughtful) state, he shoved his fears to the side and scooted closer to his sibling. He rested a hand in the child's hair, noticing how distracted they were. It's just the voices, he told himself, wanting to believe it was as simple as that. 

The truth was, it was a lot more complicated than it seemed. Y/N's thoughts were scrambled. Over the course of the previous month, they had received nightmare after nightmare, often staying up until early hours of the morning where they'd flat out pass out, waking up an hour or two afterwards just to prevent the nightmares. Those few hours in which said child was passed out were small, blissful moments. They heard the voice of XD more than once, often soothing their worries and thoughts. Once or twice, they'd feel the gentle touch of large, godly wings on their back or a gentle but large hand in their hair. Though never seeing the God personally, the child knew he was there.

...Though XD wasn't the only voice the child heard.

Ooh la la... Cliffhanger!!! Guess in the comments who you think it will be? It might be a specific green homeless teletubby, maybe a white hooded assasin with gold? Maybe a specific opposite of Dream, and then maybe a purple version... I know, you don't. Give me a $20 bill for spoilers. If you can be fast enough...

Go burn in hell, Shado.

Everyone else (excluding c!Dream) can go to Heaven!

-Cos 

<3