A Lost Soul in The Household

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan, as they belong to their rightful owners.

A Lost Soul in the Household

It was a fine night indeed.

Like many of the celebrations that preceded it.

To her, it was a vivid description of the opulent grand ball, complete with exquisite decorations, elegant attire, and the grandeur expected at a royal affair.

She could only read it in books...How would the old royals of her world have these kinds of lavish events? From photographs to live events on the news, personally being a part of it was a whole new experience.

The hall was aglow with sparkling Crystal Lights, filling the air with their dazzling brilliance. A sweet, lingering scent wafted through the room, mingling with the sounds of lively musical instruments and the animated conversations of the noble guests, creating a lively and enchanting atmosphere.

The elegant dresses and the outfits worn by these people...as if she was in another time period.

However, when she looked down, and saw her outfit which was not on par with the rest of them.

It was an eye-opener.

Yet, being in a maid's outfit was still better than having a prisoner's clothes which she had also worn before.

She vowed to herself that she would never go back to to the life she had when she first arrived in this world.

The memory is still fresh in her mind.

And She didn't know that time could be this fast.

"Noriko!"

The voice brought her back to her senses.

She blinked and saw an older woman wearing the same outfit as hers and her eyes showed a little annoyance.

"You have to fasten up! We have to serve all of these snacks!"

The young woman then remembered her purpose here.

"Right away, Ma'am!" She took a slight bow as she hastily carried the tray which contained pastries and sweets.

Traversing through the hall as met every eye that instantly observed the food and not long after...more hands reached towards her as the guests flocked for the snacks she had been carrying.

It was like being swarmed by a huge number of piranhas.

Noriko didn't even realize that after just seconds the tray was now empty and she found herself deserted once again in the middle of the lively crowd.

She moved her gaze around and took note of other fellow servants who were still in the middle of accomplishing her task.

Things were still busy and there was no sign of an ending.

Her eyes were already weary as she realized that she had been working throughout the day.

She felt tired for the first time.

The girl had no choice as she had to keep on going.

At the back of her mind, she still longed for home.

"Tou-san!"

"Kaa-san!"

"Get away from them!"

It still haunted her up to this day.

No matter what she did to save them...It was all hopeless.

Whenever her mind went to that place...all she could see was blood and death.