Discovering Secrets and Surprises

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan, as they belong to their rightful owners.

Discovering Secrets and Surprises

"Ms. Parna-san, please accept our apologies, we do hope you understand the busy schedule we have today."

She found herself in what could be the coziest small room she had ever set foot in. Not only was the atmosphere peaceful and serene, but the plush, reddish-hued, comfortable furniture that the locals called a "Couch" truly made the whole experience perfect.

Upon receiving prior notice that the upcoming meeting would resemble an intense interview or perhaps a blatant interrogation, she remained unfazed, anticipating the inevitable. What caught her off guard, however, was the unexpected comfort of their interrogation rooms.

Very far away from the common dungeons or cellars of other kingdoms in this land.

However, she had already had an idea this kind of room was for special individuals.

She offered a small smile.

"It's alright, I've been waiting for this to happen." She replied."" I'm sure your superiors are eager to learn more about this world."

The two men who stood before her briefly glanced at each other as they took their seats opposite the table.

"Likely more about the recent incident."

The fatigued gaze of Itami flickered as the Japanese Lieutenant savored a sip of his freshly brewed, steaming cup of coffee, seeking to revitalize his concentration for the final task ahead.

He spent the day engaged in a wide range of activities, primarily focused on sharing the information gathered by himself and the rest of the expeditionary team during their time in the Qua-Toyne Principality.

An event that was still fresh in their minds.

He knew he would feel restless, and all he wanted to do after everything was to retire to his quarters and immerse himself in the latest anime series he had stored on his USB drive. Moreover, his wife was anticipating a video call from him or was supposed to have their daily call.

A reminder that he too was not the perfect guy amongst all the people in the base.

He couldn't exactly say the same for his reserved colleague, even though the tiredness behind those glasses was evident.

Lieutenant Yaganida let out a deep sigh as he settled into his seat once again. Despite his increasingly chaotic schedule, he maintained a friendly and approachable demeanor. He was adept at compartmentalizing his personal life to focus on his professional duties.

He bore significant responsibility as a key volunteer for the coalition's objective to gather crucial intelligence. He didn't mind working alongside a man whom he found occasionally difficult to fully understand.

The man carefully laid a pile of papers on the tabletop, straightening his spectacles before breaking into a smile of his own.

"First off, I would like to ask...How you'd been doing here for the past few days?" He said.

Parna smiled." It's like nothing I've ever seen before."

"This whole fortress is magnificent."

Since the treaty was established between the Principality and the enigmatic coalition from beyond the Gate, there has been continuous cooperation. This has included numerous investigations into the repercussions of the battle and the individuals involved.