34|"I have been wanting to make more memories with you..."

·:*¨༺ 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ༻¨*:·

I didn't know what came over me. One moment, we were standing there awkwardly and the next, my hand had grabbed onto Yin's collar, pulling him close. Before I could think, I slammed my lips against his, the force of it surprising even myself.

The warmth of Yin's lips sent a jolt through me. For a second, I panicked, thinking he would pull away. But instead, he stayed still, his breath hot against my skin. My heart raced uncontrollably and I couldn't believe what I had just done.

I froze for a split second. Then, I pulled back, my eyes wide. The awkwardness hung between us and I could see the surprise in Yin's eyes too.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered, the heat rushing to my cheeks.

Before he could respond or say anything, I panicked. My legs moved on their own and I bolted, rushing downstairs as fast as I could, my heart pounding like crazy.

What was I thinking? Why did I just kiss him like that?

I could feel the blood rushing to my face, my embarrassment overwhelming as I reached for my room and locked. My chest heaved with the intensity of it all and I leaned against the door, trying to calm my racing heart. I didn't dare look back at Yin early, terrified of what Yin might think.

I could still feel the ghost of Yin's lips on mine. What...what did I just do?

I closed my eyes, trying to steady myself. My palm felt clammy against my chest, my fingers trembling slightly from the adrenaline still coursing through me. I kissed him. Just grabbed him out of nowhere and kissed him without even thinking. The worst part was how natural it felt, like something I had been wanting to do all along but I didn't know if he felt the same.

I swallowed hard, trying to push down the confusion but my mind kept replaying the moment. Does he think I'm crazy?

I was still trying to catch my breath when I heard a soft knock on the door. My heart lurched and I quickly covered my mouth with my palm to stop the gasp that threatened to escape.

"War..." Yin's voice was gentle. "Can we talk?"

I froze, my mind racing again. What was he going to say? My hand pressed harder against my mouth. I didn't know if I could face him right now. My legs felt shaky and the room suddenly seemed much smaller. I stared at the door, unsure of what to do. My lips still tingled from the kiss and I could barely think straight.

"War, please," Yin's voice came again, this time more insistent but still soft, like he didn't want to scare me. "It's okay. Let's just talk, alright?"

I swallowed hard, feeling my chest tighten as I stood there, frozen. My mind was screaming at me to stay silent but another part of me wanted to open the door and see the look in his eyes.

I stood there for what felt like an eternity but finally, I managed to mumble, "I...I'm feeling sleepy." My voice was shaky and I winced at how unconvincing it sounded. I didn't dare open the door, keeping my back pressed against it as if it could somehow shield me from the situation.

There was a brief silence from the other side. I could imagine Yin standing there, probably unsure of how to respond to my stupid excuse.

"Okay..." Yin said softly after a moment. "Just...get some rest, okay? We can talk when you are ready."

I swallowed hard, my heart still racing. "Thanks," I whispered, though I wasn't sure if he heard me.

Footsteps faded down the hall and I finally exhaled. My mind was still reeling from everything, but for now, all I could do was try to calm down and hope things wouldn't be as awkward later.