★ ch.02

𓆩 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆪

"Hello?" A voice ring from Akaashi's phone. Tubing it to his wireless headphone he responded. "What do you want Konoha? You dirty penny licker." A gasp came from the other line, "Now where is this hostility coming from," Keiji rolled his eyes, "I thought I was your best friend 'Kaashi..." Konoha whined in the fakest voice. "I know you're about to spew on about a random story that I frankly, don't care about."

"Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. But I do have something important to tell you." Akaashi rolled his eyes for what felt like the tenth time since Akinori answered the phone. "Let me guess, the reunion is coming soon?" A thin silence came from the other end, "Yeah, I'm not going." A sigh dragged out soon after as Konoha complained on about how, "You never go!" Or how "We miss you 'Kaashi!"

"Look 'Nori. I appreciate your offer, but I rather stay at home."

"Keiji, you don't even know what day it is!"

"That doesn't matter."

"Sure does."

"Does not."

"Sure does~"

"Does not."

"I know why you don't want to go, Kei~"

Akaashi's heart skipped a beat, he hung up the phone with Konoha and went directly to his messages.

‥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━‥

After some furious texting Keiji called back Konoha. "I'll go on one condition." As if his ears ringed Akinori sung an irritating yes through the phone. "We are not to talk about why I haven't been going."
"Keiji, you guys were best friends! If you guys got together again I'm pretty sure nothing would change." Konoha sighed as he dragged his hands down his face, "That's not the point. Seeing him again reminds me of all the days where we weren't together. It reminds me of all those days where I sat in my room contemplating if I'd ever talk to him again." Keiji shut his door as he walked back into his room, he couldn't stand thinking about how miserable he made himself, how he overacted. They weren't together, they were only friends, so why did he put so much of himself into this guy...why did he grow so attached to him. "...Look Keiji." Konoha spoke up, "You don't have to talk to him, but at least come talk to me. You're reverting to your old ways of shutting yourself out and hiding in your room again. Aren't you trying to break out of that cycle?"

A huge sign could be heard from the other line. "..Yeah.." Akaashi noticed not to long ago that he's been shutting people out again, all for doing work. Writing, editing, all this overworking himself has made him almost rot away in his room. "I'm just saying...if you go it'll be nice to see you. It'll benefit us both, whether he's there or not." Konoha sounded so genuine with his invite this time, and had also been too correct about Keiji's habits, that he actually convinced the younger to accept the fact that he was going to this party. "..Fine, when is the party Akinori..?"

𓆩 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆪