Chapter 25

After a minute, everyone gained their consciousness. Worried for the safety of everyone, Darius asked, "Is everyone okay?"

"Is EVERYONE..." Yaz gave out a sarcastic laugh and then just left. Sammy called out to her and tried to explain. Everyone got out of the broken vehicle and tried to stretch. "We are not okay! We're in the middle of a jungle with a monsterous dinosaur out there and you..." she turned to Sammy, "You..."

"Destroyed our only way to call for help and lied about it!" Brooklyn finished for Yaz, "I told you guys!"

Darius asked her, "So you DID take Brooklyn's phone? Why? What were you doing?"

Brooklyn predicted, "Probably trying to erase my videos of her taking those skin samples from the Sinoceratops. And you knew about the Indominus Rex because you WERE snooping around Dr. Wu's lab when I ran into you. I knew it!"

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone," Sammy defended herself, "I fell on it when the zipline came down."

"But you did steal it," Ben quipped, "You had it the WHOLE time and didn't tell us."

Darius stopped the conversation, "Hold up. What were YOU doing in Dr. Wu's office, Brooklyn?"

"I... it doesn't matter!" Brooklyn was back to jabbing at Sammy again, "I didn't break our only way to call for help and then lie about it. This is not my fault! It's her fault! She--"

"I'm here to spy!" Sammy confessed. Everyone looked at her in shock. "For a company called Mantah Corp."

"Mantah Corp?" Darius explained, "They're big rivals with Masarani. They tried to make dinosaurs too but Wu beat them to it."

"You doomed us all for some lousy company?"

Sammy explained, "My ranch was in trouble so my folks had to borrow money from some... shady people. We didn't know they were fronting for Mantah Corp. They said we'd loose everything, unless I spied for them. Use the behind the scenes access to get info from Wu's lab, DNA from dinos and whatever else they needed. But Brooklyn started to catch on and I got scared and everything went wrong." She turned to Yaz. "This was the last thing I wanted to happen."

"Oh. To be stuck next to a broken van on killer dinosaur island? Hey, me too! What are the odds?" Yaz's voice was dripping with venom. "Was it ALL a lie? Wanting to be friends? Pretending you cared about..." She didn't even hesitate to show her pain. "You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong?" Sammy couldn't answer. "I'm such an idiot." She turned away and walked away from the group.

"You ARE wrong!" Sammy followed her. "I just didn't know how to say it. How to explain to you. Just because I'm a spy, it doesn't change who I am." She put her hand on her shoulder, but Yaz shoved it away.

"Don't touch me! Go away, Sammy." Feeling extremely hurt, she walked away from the group. Yaz walked toward the confused group of campers.

"Well, despite the situation we're in--"

"It's trash. JUST call it trash, Ben."

"Despite the obvious trashitude, we really... we need to..." Bumpy worriedly began jumping and squealing. "Bumpy, what are you?" After seeing something break through the trees, they quickly hid behind the van. "This is trash. THIS IS TRASH!" A helicopter was chasing the Indominus.

They followed the helicopter until they couldn't anymore. The Indominus was nowhere to be seen and the helicopter flew far away. "Yeah! Kick it's butt, Masarani!" Kenji chanted, "Whoo we're saved! Yeah, baby!" Just then, the helicopter crashed into another enclosure. That enclosure held the camper's soon to be worst enemy.

"With those Pteranodons on loose, we're sitting ducks! We gotta take cover!"

Kenji took the tablet from Brooklyn and analyzed it. "The Kayak River. It goes underground, beneath the bridge. If we follow it, it'll take us right to the main park!"

"Then that's where we need to be. Come on!"

Everyone quickly ran into the entrance to the Kayak River. Darius and Ben tried carrying Bumpy, but quickly gave up. They ran for their lives into the river with Yaz closing the door as they were doing so. In the nick of time, they made it and the Pteranodon was locked out. Then, they looked at the adventure in front of them.