Chapter 19

After everyone gained their consciousness, the roar was heard again. Everyone started panicking. They didn't know what to do. "We have to get back to camp," Brooklyn told the group, "I think it's this way. Or is it that way, I..." They were lost.

Sammy opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it again. Everyone assumed she thought she knew where camp was.

Suddenly, Darius started panicking. He felt his neck and noticed that the one item he had on him, which was of great significance to him, wasn't there with him. "Where's... no. No. My necklace. I left it in my bunk."

They heard the roar again and gathered together. "We have slightly bigger problems than..." They heard it again.

"We have to run, now!"

Taking note of that, everyone ran back to where they thought camp was. After a few minutes, they found their camp and once they looked at it, they were in complete shock. It was completely wrecked. Their best guess was that it was the Indominus's dirty work. No one was there. Sammy predicted, "Dave, Roxie, the other workers, they must've all gotten away."

Ben looked over at a truck that was upside down and predicted that there were people in there, "Not all of them."

Yaz found a walkie talkie on the floor. "Hello? Hello! Can anybody--" She used her fist and banged on it. It wasn't even static. It made no noise. She dropped it on the floor. "We're on our own." They all knew she was right. Dave and Roxie just left them, and all they can do now is try to survive on their own.

Brooklyn suddenly jabbed at Sammy, "Give. Me. My. Phone!"

"What?"

"I don't care about you sneaking into Dr. Wu's lab. I don't care about whatever you did with the skin samples you took from the Sinoceratops."

Hearing those sentences got everyone confused. "What skin samples?"

"What was she doing in Dr. Wu's lab?"

Brooklyn continued, "I don't even care that you stole it now! All I want to do is call for help! Where is it?"

Sammy was left, stuttering. Brooklyn's sudden demanding made her mind go blank. After a few minutes, she gave a response. "I don't know what you're talking about. Skin samples? Sneaking into labs? You made up some crazy thing in your own dang head."

Yaz started yelling at her too, "Hey, back off! Not everything revolves around you and your phone! It wasn't Sammy's fault! YOU lost it!"

Ben pleaded, "Would you guys PLEASE keep it down? There's a big--"

"A big scary, dinosaur?" Kenji asked, "Of course there's a big, scary dinosaur. There's ALWAYS a big, scary dinosaur."

Everyone started yelling at each other. y/n watched the fight, not knowing what to do. She knew that they wouldn't get anywhere if they just stand there and argue. Except, she couldn't do anything about it.

Darius looked up back at the treehouse. The necklace he was gifted from a special someone was no longer with him.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Ben yell, "Money isn't going to help ANY of us. No one is getting out of here! We just saw people get eaten! We're alone. We're defenseless." Ben got on his knees. "We're dead." Everyone looked in opposite directions. No one knew what to do.

Darius remembered the promise he made his dad. This situation depends on him and that promise. Deep inside, he knew that. He knew that they weren't going to get anywhere unless he stands up. "We are not giving up." Everyone looked at him. "I get it. It's scary. This wasn't how it's supposed to be. Life is messy and sometimes, things fall apart. But that's okay, because we pick up the pieces and keep going. And we NEVER give up."

"What about your necklace?" Brooklyn asked him.

"That doesn't matter," he answered, "I still have all the memories in my head."

"What do we do now?"

Darius answered, "Get south to the park. Get help. And the only way we'll make it, is if we do it together. We're a team or we're nothing at all."

Ben tried to convince, "Or, you know, we don't go back into the jungle."

Kenji complained, "YOU can wait for the negligent babysitters, but I'm with Darius."

Darius was shocked to hear that, "Wait, really?"

"Dude, there's NO way I just survived a dino attack just to be taken down by camp debris." He dodged a piece of wood that almost fell on them. "Kenji ain't going out like that." He pulls Darius to the direction he assumed was south, "We're going south. The rest of you coming or what?"

It took them a while but one by one, each person volunteered to follow them. They all heard Ben convince himself that there was only one dinosaur out there. Well, he was right. Or so him and the others thought.