Chapter 17

Amber POV:

We've been rehearsing for a few months now. Getting used to the stage, plus the set, was definitely something. But now, its like a second home, not just to me, but to everyone else too. We've all become like a big, crazy family of Theatre Kids. And, just like Sophie and Jamie said, they were calm at first, but now, we are all crazy, very much so including them.

At the moment, I was currently eating candy is my dressing room. Having a stash of candy in here has come in handy at many times. From what I know, everyone else is either in their own dressing rooms, or out getting lunch.

Currently, Jamie is out getting drinks and some lunch for the both of us. It's what we do everyday, either Jamie or I go out and get lunch for the both of us, including drinks. We even do it on day offs, sometimes. And its normal for Jamie to catch me eating candy in my dressing room, like he did just now.

"Candy? Again?" Jamie asked as he set down our food and drinks.

"Yes, candy again. I got very little sleep last night, and I need the sugar to keep me awake." I explained to him.

"Why not just drink coffee? It's what most people do!" He grabbed his iced coffee and took a sip.

"I don't usually tell people, because it doesn't usually come up in any conversations, but coffee, specifically the amount of caffeine in it, makes me really tired." I grabbed my own drink and took a sip.

"Coffee makes you tired? How? That's not what caffeine is supposed to do." Jamie asked, very confusingly.

"Yea, it does! If anyone wants me to go to bed or take a nap, just give me some coffee! Ill be down in 10 to 25 minutes!" I joked.

"That's so confusing...Maybe you should get that checked out one day." Jamie said, sounding very concerned.

"I know I do. But anyway, Tech week is soon! I'm so excited, but also very much so dreading it! Are you?" I asked.

Jamie POV:

"Yea, I feel the same way. Tech week is very stressful, on everyone." I thought back to tech week back with the original West End Cast Of Heathers The Musical.

It was very stressful for all of us. We were under a lot of pressure. So when it comes to being excited, but also dreading it, I'm leaning more to the, "Dreading it" side, instead of the "I'm excited" side.

Amber was about to say something, but was cut off by the loud speakers, telling us lunch was almost over, and we'd soon be back to rehearsing.

"Way to interrupt me..." Amber said, annoyed with the loud speaker.

"Yea" I laughed at her annoyed state.

I always found it funny when she would have a reaction like that. It's something I don't see many people do a lot. Amber always seemed to be that type of person who can change her entire personality, dependent on who shes with.

For example, when we're with our other cast mates she doesn't usually make those comments. So, others don't know she makes them. Which I find funny, but also comforting. It's nice to that she can express herself more openly with me.

"we have to finish eating quickly."Amber looked at me and took a bite out of her food.

"Yea, we don't have much time left." I replied, grabbing my own food and taking a bite.

Amber POV:

We finished eating in the span of a few minutes, just in time to head back to rehearsals. Before we were left to eat lunch, we had gone through the entirety of Act 1. Now that were all back and ready, were going to go through Act 2.

Personally, my favorite part of Act 2 is "Meant To Be Yours". I don't know why, but when I heard the part right before "Veronica, open the door", my mind just decided to fangirl uncontrollably. And it still happens!

I'm getting ready to fake hang myself, and Jamie's just there playing his character while I fangirl and take nothing seriously in the background. And everyone's noticed too. You don't know how annoying teasing can get, until your the one getting teased.

But may I just say, Jamie's voice. He sounds like a literal angel from the heavens! I don't understand how someone could have such a beautiful voice, and be absolutely handsome and nice at the same time!

Wait- No- he's my cast mate and my friend! I can't be thinking about him that way! And, much less, let anyone find out I feel that way! I've really got to get myself together! I understand that he was kinda my celebrity crush back then, but he's here now, and I have to push those feelings aside!

I mean, I've done it before already! It shouldn't be that hard to do it again, right?

(A/N: Hey everyone! Im back and with this new chapter! I decided to add a bit of depth to Amber, if you couldn't tell. Hope you guys don't mind! Also, sorry if the formatting is a little different! I'm getting used to writing again right now. (yes, I did not write anything while I was gone- don't judge me-) Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Have a great day/night!

Best of wishes,

Broadway-SImp)

(Words: 877)