0 Preface

Dear reader,

First of all, thank you for giving this project of mine a chance. I can imagine that you can hardly wait to immerse yourself in my world and I and certainly my characters are just as excited to get to know you! However, I'd like to say a few words first before you dive into the story.

Ashborn is my first full-length book. Previously I've only written short stories with a one-page plot. I'm always open to suggestions for improvement, which you can leave me in the comments or as messages on my profile. The plot for volume 1 as well as for the following volumes is already roughly fixed and just needs to be finalised. At first I wanted to wait until volume 1 was finished before publishing, but I kept coming up with new and "better" ideas that required me to rewrite all the chapters, only to realise that they might not fit as well as I initially expected. Now I thought, since I think I've built up a good story, that I'd upload the story in stages so that I can't add more ideas that will throw everything off again. Which brings me to uploading: I will upload a new chapter every Saturday at 12 noon. If this chapter doesn't materialise you will be informed in time and the chapter will be uploaded as soon as possible. The length of the chapters will vary from chapter to chapter. But I think I've rambled on enough now!

Have fun reading! I'm looking forward to meeting you in the comments!

Witje_2006