Chapter Seventeen: Embracing the Light

With the echoes of their victory still ringing in the air, Eloise and Taehyung emerged from the depths of the demon realm, their hearts lightened by the triumph of their love over darkness. As they stepped into the warm embrace of the sunlight, a sense of peace washed over them, dispelling the lingering shadows of doubt that had clouded their minds.

"We did it," Eloise whispered, her voice filled with wonder as she turned to Taehyung, her eyes shining with pride and admiration.

Taehyung smiled down at her, his gaze softening with affection as he brushed a stray lock of hair from her face. "Yes, we did," he murmured, his voice filled with gratitude for the mortal who had stolen his heart and helped him find his way back to the light.

Together, they walked hand in hand through the lush gardens that surrounded the castle, their hearts overflowing with love and hope for the future. With each step, they left behind the darkness of their past, embracing the warmth of the sunlight as it bathed them in its golden glow.

As they reached the edge of the garden, Taehyung turned to Eloise, his eyes shimmering with emotion as he took her hands in his. "Eloise," he began, his voice filled with a quiet intensity that sent shivers down her spine. "I have something I want to ask you."

Eloise's heart skipped a beat as she looked up at him, her breath catching in her throat as she waited for him to continue.

"In the midst of darkness, you brought light into my life," Taehyung continued, his voice trembling with emotion. "You showed me that love is the most powerful force in the universe, that it can conquer even the deepest shadows."

He dropped to one knee before her, his eyes never leaving hers as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box. "Eloise, will you marry me?" he asked, his voice filled with hope and longing.

Tears welled in Eloise's eyes as she gazed down at Taehyung, her heart overflowing with love and joy. "Yes," she whispered, her voice barely above a breath. "Yes, a thousand times yes."

With a smile that lit up the sky, Taehyung slipped the ring onto Eloise's finger, sealing their love with a promise that would last for all eternity. And as they stood together in the warm embrace of the sunlight, surrounded by the beauty of their world, they knew that their journey was only just beginning—a journey filled with love, laughter, and the endless possibilities of a future embraced in the light.