Chapter Seven: Echoes of the Past

Eloise’s breath caught in her throat as she processed the shocking revelation. Taehyung had a brother, a brother who stood before them now with an air of undeniable authority and power. The resemblance between them was uncanny, yet where Taehyung exuded an aura of dark allure, his brother emanated a cold, calculating presence.

“What do you mean, reclaim what is rightfully yours?” Taehyung’s voice cut through the tense silence, his gaze locked on his brother with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

The newcomer Inclined his head, a sardonic smile playing at the corners of his lips. “Surely you haven’t forgotten, brother dear,” he drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “The throne that rightfully belongs to me, the throne you stole from me all those years ago.”

Eloise’s eyes widened in shock as she realized the gravity of the situation. Taehyung and his brother were not just siblings—they were embroiled in a bitter feud over the throne of the demon realm, a feud that threatened to tear their world apart.

“I didn’t steal anything from you,” Taehyung retorted, his voice tinged with anger. “You abandoned your birthright when you chose to pursue your own selfish desires.”

His brother's laughter echoed through the chamber, a sound that sent a chill racing down Eloise’s spine. “Ah, but isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?” he taunted, his gaze flickering toward Eloise. “Bringing a mortal into our world, defying the laws of our kind…is that not a selfish desire in itself?”

Eloise felt a surge of panic rise within her as she realized the danger she had unwittingly stumbled into. She had no place in the power struggle between Taehyung and his brother, no right to interfere in the affairs of their world.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, her voice barely above a breath. “I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.”

But Taehyung’s gaze softened as he turned to face her, his hand reaching out to gently cup her cheek. “This is not your fault, Eloise,” he said softly, his eyes filled with a mixture of regret and determination. “You belong with me, no matter the cost.”

And as the echoes of their words faded into the darkness, Eloise knew that she had become entangled in a web of destiny far greater than anything she could have imagined. For in the heart of the storm that raged between Taehyung and his brother, she had found a love worth fighting for, a love that would defy the very fabric of their worlds.