01 - Momma

It's been about an hour and Naomi had explained to Fatima that her mother had gotten drunk and beat her and she did that quite often.

"Okay, here's some other clothes, you can go in the bathroom and get yourself cleaned up. I'll try calling your dad once more." Fatima was very sweet on kids and she never wanted to see nobody in these kinds of situations.

"Who this?" A male voice came through the phone, sounded familiar to Fatima but that wasn't the focus right now.

"Hi, my name is Fatima, I think I have your daughter here with me, do you have a child by the name of Naomi?" She asked to confirm.

"Yeah," Zac jumped up from his sofa where he was watching the game. "Is she good?"

"Um not necessarily, she was pretty shaken up when she banged on my door." Fatima explained the entire situation and he said he was on his way. Zac knew that something was going on but he didn't realize what until now and he felt bad for not just letting her just stay with him.

Time had passed and the girls were asleep, Nyla was in bed and Naomi was stretched out on the sofa. Fatima had to rush to get the door before they woke up from the knocking.

"Hey I'm- Fatima??" Zac's face lit up.

"Zachary?" She hugged him. "What the hell man it's been years!"

"13 and a half to be exact," he says. "Who would've thought?"

"Yolanda hasn't changed I see," Fatima shakes her head. "She's asleep over there."

"I never knew she was doing this," Zac admits. "I don't know what to do. I can take her full time if need be but Yolanda always makes it an issue."

"You talked to your grandma?" Fatima asked him. "I still go help her from time to time."

"Man granny be tripping do I try not to even go there with her. She always wants to see the good in folks and ain't no good in that damn girl." Zac rubbed his head. "I need to get her to the hospital to see a doctor."

"Do you need me to go with you?" Fatima asked him.

"It's good you have your own child to worry about." Zac says and Fatima's whole mood changed.

"Yeah," she replied in a low tone. "Will you at least keep me updated?"

"I got you but what's this energy?" Zac asked, noticing her demeanor.

"Oh nothing," she says. "Wake her up gently because she's probably still a bit shaken up."

"I got it, thank you for helping her out." Zac says as he goes over to wake her up.

"Dad?" She says, eyes half open.

"Hey Nae, we gotta get you up."

"But I want to stay here with Ms. Fatima." Naomi expressed. "She promised I can come over whenever I wanted."

"And you can," Fatima intervened. "But you have to get checked out to make sure you're okay."