03 - Daughters

2 weeks after

"Ny be fr," Naomi laughed on FaceTime. "The only reason I didn't beat that girl up is because I can't get suspended. Track coach be so strict starting to think she daddy's sister."

"Ima tell him you said that too hoe," they both bust out laughing. "Stop playing with my dad for we jump you."

"Please, that old man got bad knees probably." Naomi laughed. "How is mommy?"

"She's here, how is dad?" Nyla replied.

"As good as he can be." Naomi explained. "Every time you leave he starts crying again."

"Mommy does the same when you come over and have to go back. I hate this for them. I wish they'd just talk it out. I'm fine, you're fine. We're not holding it against anybody." Nyla says.

"Right, people make mistakes. They're gonna miss out on us being a family right now because they're mad at the past." Naomi shakes her head. "Maybe we can plan a little date for them and set it up. I mean they won't just leave, they'll have to talk."

"I don't know man, the stories mommy told be about her back in the day, she might swing on him." Nyla says. "Unless we're there. Then they can't act a complete ass."

"They're being childish as fuck anyways. Gotta get shit handled by 16 year olds is nasty work."

"Extremely, kinda sick if you ask me but I guess it's handled." Nyla chuckled.

"We just have to get them there, tomorrow Saturday and we supposed to pick you up anyways so we'll just tell them it's a change of plans." Naomi plotted. "We ain't got money like they got money tho, they better settle for Outback or something."

"Please be so fr, with both of our moneys together we can work something out."

"Bitch we work at McDonald's," Naomi rolled her eyes. "I can barely afford my hair sometimes."

"Touché hoe, well just spend daddy money, simple."

"Now you're speaking my language, definitely spending his coins."

"Spending whose coins?" Zac walked in with food, hearing Naomi on the phone.

"Wassup pops, Nyla on the phone." She tried to deflect from the conversation.

"Ny do you want me to come get you tonight or in the morning still?" Zac asked her.

"Morning," Nyla replied, considering their plan.

"But doesn't your mother have to work tonight?" Zac asked her.

"Yeah but-"

"But I'll see you in a couple hours." Zac cut her off. "I don't like when y'all home alone overnight."

"But jay was coming," Nyla informed him. "I won't be alone."

"Who the hell is jay?" Zac asked her.

"My boyfr-"