One

———

As the sudden heavy rain pours down, random flashes of lightnings and the sound of thunderstorms came in the picture making the red head shiver in fear. It was already two in the morning but a certain lady in her early twenties hasn't even slept a blink.

The reason? The storm.

Mikha Lim, the redhead businesswoman and a lady in her late twenties had both Ombrophobia - a fear of rain; and Astraphobia - a fear of lightnings and thunderstorms, something that she's not really proud of. Unfortunately, she developed this phobia due to a traumatic experience when she was only a child.

"shit! shit! shit!" she cussed under her blanket as soon as she heard and saw another exchange of thunder and lightning towards her huge glassed window.

The storm has been making her feel all kinds of fear and anxiety for an almost entire midnight that she somehow regret living alone in her huge house.

"So much for independency!" She thought,from time to time

Suddenly, all the lights in her bedroom went out indicating that the electric power has now interrupted due to the storm—leaving her place extremely dark. She doesn't actually mind darkness but after seeing how the lightning lights up her room in a terrifying way followed by the deadly sound of thunderstorms, she knows, it was going to slowly kill her.

The redhead was restless. Her heart was now pounding louder than it was earlier that she even thought it would jump out of her own chest anytime soon. Her breathing was fast and shallow that she realized she's starting to have panic attacks— something that she needs to take care of.

With a tiny amount of courage she built, she reached the drawer beside her bed and grabbed the bottle of relaxing pills only to realize that it was already empty. She hissed in annoyance before throwing the empty bottle somewhere in the room not until a flash of lightning followed by a loud thunderstorm took place one more time, making her go back under her blanket while shivering in fear.

"go away,please..g-go away.." the redhead hopefully chanted in her mind wishing for the storm to vanish

Horrified enough, she decided to grabbed her phone under the pillow hoping it would somehow distract her from the raging storm outside. She made a few scrolls until she found an old folder that piqued her curiosity.

"For bubby"

The redhead knit brows as she tried her best to recall what was the folder about until flashes of memories came rushing down on to her system. Memories with a certain person that made her realize  what was the old folder about. It was a recordings. A random song recordings sung by a person who once played a very important role in her life.

With thoughts that no harm would ever occur and with the raging storm outside that terrifies her, she tapped the play button senselessly and move the phone next to her ear before shutting her eyes off wishing it would do some miracles in forgetting what was causing her to shiver in fear.

[Disclaimer: Video isn't mine. cttro]
Close to you-cover by Aiah