𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐 | 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟮𝟴 (𝟳𝟲)

The room, though devoid of windows, had become my sanctuary—a place where I could find a semblance of peace amidst the chaos. I had settled into a comfortable routine here, one that provided a temporary escape from the whirlwind of emotions and challenges that seemed to follow me everywhere.

As I reclined on the cot, the soft hum of the overhead light was a gentle reminder of the isolation that had become my norm. The gray walls around me felt like a cocoon, shielding me from the outside world while I took a moment to breathe. The room, though stark and windowless, was surprisingly cozy in its own understated way. The cot beneath me was well-worn but surprisingly comfortable, with a snug blanket folded neatly at the foot.

My focus was on the music playing softly from my earbuds. Ben had made me a playlist before everything had gone sideways, a mix of familiar tunes that held fragments of our shared memories. 

Each song was a thread connecting me to a time when things had felt more stable, when our group had been together and laughter had been a common sound. The melodies wrapped around me like a gentle embrace, soothing my frayed nerves and offering a momentary escape from the stark reality of my situation.

In the quiet of the room, with only the soft strains of music filling the space, I allowed myself to sink into a state of relaxed contemplation. The playlist Ben had curated was more than just background noise; it was a lifeline to my past, a reminder of friendships and moments that seemed a world away. Each track was a small comfort, a whisper from a time when things had felt more manageable and filled with promise.

As the music continued to play softly in my earbuds, the comforting melodies providing a steady backdrop, my thoughts inevitably returned to Ben. The room, while quiet and comforting in its own way, was a stark contrast to the tumultuous storm of emotions swirling within me.

(Made by me)

(Made by me)

(The hug scene from last chapter)

As I lay there, the music carrying me through the labyrinth of my thoughts, I couldn't help but reflect on the depth of his struggle.

Would we ever find a way to reconnect fully? The thought lingered, a bittersweet echo in my mind. The path to healing seemed so daunting, filled with obstacles that were hard to navigate. But the sight of Ben, the way he had clung to me, had offered a glimmer of hope. It was a fragile hope, but it was enough to keep me moving forward, to keep believing that there was a chance for us.

As I closed my eyes and let the melodies envelop me, I held onto the hope that our paths would cross again and hope, we would finally wake up from this nightmare.