Promise?

You climbed into the car without a second thought-

 There was no effin way I am staying here.

Ghostface climbed into the drivers seat slamming his door behind him "seatbelt" his gravely voice rumbled. Without question you took the seatbelt buckling it around you- 

You fumbled with it getting frustrated as you muttered, "fucking..stupid dumb.. fucking seat-" a warm hand clasped around your own shaking one. "you're trembling" he said softly as he clicked the buckle in.

You hadn't noticed until you looked down to see your hands, trembling with a few now dark blood stains.

Before you could stop and think-the cars engine rumbled and you were suddenly moving. You watched as Ghostface slowly exited the strange building, with familiarity. 

You watched as the car drove through a long deep tunnel, it felt as if it were never goin g to end. Your eyes felt heavy and your body light.

 All you wanted was for this night to be over.

"what.." Ghostface spoke up almost hesitantly.. "What happened back there..?" 

You could tell he had turned to look at you, as you slowly lifted your head you jumped realizing he was staring right at you- those beautiful eyes and all..

Your stomach turned. 

'could I tell him the truth?.. I was bound and hurt. I stabbed a man through his eye socket...the same man I found a picture of you standing with like a father and son..'

You went to speak but a lump formed in your throat- oh god no its rising-

You hunched over in your seat, the seatbelt digging into your gut as you heaved. Your entire body felt like it was trying to constrict and suffocate itself of all the air it had left. Your vision blurred with heavy tears and all you could manage between few meek gasps was a violent, "Gah.."

You squeezed your eyes shut trying to take in a  breath of air, choking back the sick feeling threatening to spill from your throat.

Suddenly a warm hand reached your back slowly rubbing up and down "shh.. It hurts I know.."

'That's right. He's felt this before.' you thought between shaking gasps of air. Wondering, how many times did it take till this feeling was familiar?...

till it was comforting..?

till it was numb.

or maybe...

..

.

 till it was exciting.

You froze- your body still trembled as it slowly eased from the tension, what were you thinking? you loved this man.  You love him. 

You slowly leaned back in your chair swallowing back the tears, Ghostface's warm hand slowly wiping the hot, stinging tears from your pale face, deprived of its color by the nausea.

You were so drained all you wanted to do was lay your head back against the seat in sheer defeat

maybe even disgusted in yourself.

"Go to sleep."  his voice rasped once more before you did as told, you drifted into the dark- for once the sleep wasn't hard  to find, there was no ticking, just defeat.