Chapter 6 - Serena

This is our second contract with the Crestview High and this time the event is entirely different. More creativity, more colourful ideas are required. We need to make the kids happy this time." Dad explains the project to his staff.

"Is it the Seniors Prom if I'm not mistaken?" Travis, a creative head questions.

He's the handsome dude with sexy voice and silky, smooth honey hair, inviting lips, large, rough hands and mcDreamy persona. He's almost twenty-three, young, smarty-pants. I don't want to crush on him, but boy, he never goes unnoticed in my eyes. It is not only me, but other females in the office also see him as eye-candy.

"Yes." Dad responds.

Travis turns his head in my direction with a small smile upon his lips, "And it is Ser-, I mean Miss Nichols' school?"

Roses appear on my cheeks, blushing undeniably, I slowly motion my head at him, "Yeah."

Getting attention from a handsome, young man makes you forget about every bad thing happened with you today, even the pop quiz.

"That's nice." He comments in a surprised voice and then turns his attention back to Dad, "We've one representative of them. She can polish our ideas."

All of the people in the meeting room are in formalwear excluding me because I didn't get time to change. I came to the company directly from school. However, to maintain the dignity of the meeting and make myself look as a serious employee, I've put on my leather blazer over my crochet sweater.

"That's why she's here and she'll be working with you all as a teammate." Dad discloses in front of everyone, "Travis, Deborah, Cathleen, Nathaniel and Serena. I've selected all of you for the Crestview High's Prom Night 2021 and hoping you'll organize a grand party and make our client happy and satisfied."

The names Dad just mentioned are his permanent employees. Each of them have their own talents and relevant degrees/diplomas and are recognized as top-class workers. I'm the only one who is good-for-nothing in them and indeed, the youngest among them. Deborah is the marketing coordinator, Cathleen is the designer and the head of operations liaisons and Nathaniel is the event guru, the real planner who will give us the guidelines and strategic plan.

"You can count on us, Sir." Cathleen speaks.

Nathaniel emphasizes, "It is our Serena's Prom. We'll make it extra special for her." I laugh a little, feeling excited about this.

Not only Prom, but the whole process leading to that night will be a moment worth remembering.

Dad let out a short laugh too, "Okay. Let's dismiss then. But remember, every final decision about every single thing has to have my approval first."

"Of course, director." Travis agrees, "Leave this on me." After that, meeting ends.

They shake hands. I stand up on my feet, show my approving smile to Dad and greet the other team mates.

Nathaniel, Cathleen and Deborah all follow Dad outside the room while talking about work-related stuff, leaving me with Travis alone.

Feeling conscious about my appearance, I compose myself and re-arrange my hair through my fingers. Travis collects some papers from the table and gazes at me, "Serena or should I call you Miss Nichols since now you're officially the office staff?"

I giggle, "Serena is fine." Yeah because I want you to remain informal with me.

Travis has been Dad's employee for quite some time. I do get to interact with him a lot and enjoy his company. Since day one, I've been his admirer and do not miss a single chance to have at least a little conversation with him.