CHAPTER 8: You are my special

As the first light of morning filtered through the curtains, I slowly blinked awake, my mind still fuzzy with sleep and the remnants of a dream still clinging to its edges. It had not been a nightmare, not exactly, but it left me feeling a little unsettled all the same.

I could barely remember the details, just fragments, flashes of something dark and ancient, like a shadow that loomed just out of reach.

There had been eyes, I remembered that much — red, piercing and malevolent, watching me from the darkness. And a voice, low and mocking, though I could not recall the words. It felt like the owner of the voice knew me, like he was aware of my presence even though I did not truly see him.

There had been a sense of power there, something terrifying and overwhelming, but also distant, like a storm brewing far off in the horizon.

The images were vague, like glimpses of something I was not supposed to understand, and yet, they left an impression, a lingering unease that I could not quite shake off.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the nervous flutter in my chest, reminding myself that it had only been a dream.

I turned my head slowly, and there he was — Yuji, still fast asleep beside me.

His face looked so cute and peaceful, almost childlike, with the worries of the world momentarily erased. Watching him, I felt the tension ease, replaced by a deep sense of affection and safety.

The rise and fall of his chest was steady, and I could hear the soft sound of his breathing, so calm and serene. His tousled pink hair fell across his forehead, and I could not help but let a smile curl my lips at how completely relaxed he looked.

And then, the events of the previous day came rushing back to me, and the realization hit me once more: we were really together.

Yuji Itadori, the Jujutsu sorcerer, Sukuna's vessel, the guy who had confessed his feelings to me just yesterday — was now my boyfriend.

I felt a mix of emotions swirl inside me — happiness, disbelief, and a little bit of nervous excitement. Everything felt surreal, but in the best possible way.

I took a moment to let it all sink in, my heart swelling with affection as I watched him sleep. There was something so comforting about being next to him, knowing that despite everything, we were still right here, with each other.

The world outside might be chaotic and dangerous, but here, in this quiet moment, everything felt perfectly right.

I shifted slightly, careful not to wake him, but as I did, Yuji stirred.

His eyes fluttered open, still heavy with sleep, and for a brief second, he looked confused, just like I had been. Then, his gaze found mine, and a slow, sleepy smile spread across his face, lighting up his features in that way only Yuji could.

"Morning," he murmured, his voice soft and warm, filled with a quiet joy that matched what I was feeling.

"Morning," I whispered back, my heart skipping a beat as our eyes locked.

We stayed like that for a while, just looking at each other, giggling a little once in a while as we let the newness of our relationship settle in. There was so much to process, so much still left to figure out, but for now, it did not matter.

What mattered was that we were here, together, and that was enough.

Yuji reached out and gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, his touch sending a warm shiver down my spine. His expression was soft, tender, and I could see the gratitude and happiness in his eyes.