IV

So Jimmy tipped Robert's chin up with his fingers and pressed a soft kiss under his jawbone.

Robert gave a small shudder and Jimmy heard his fingers run nervously across the guitar.

He sucked on Robert's skin as his hand found the neck of the guitar and carefully dragged it out of Robert's lap and away from the two of them.

He placed one last kiss on the corner of Robert's jaw then crouched down to sit facing Robert who sat, breathing slowly, carefully studying the other's face.

He let his eyes travel over his lips and down his neck. The top two buttons of Jimmy's shirt were undone and underneath lay the silver pendant Robert had noticed earlier.

It hid between dark chest hair and cotton. Robert fished it out and turned it slowly in his fingers to get a better look.

"It's the Eye of Horus," Jimmy said just loudly enough for Robert to hear over pops of firewood.

"What does it do?" Robert asked as he delicately placed the charm back against Jimmy's chest. He let his fingers stroke the hair there while he waited for a response.

But instead, Jimmy leaned his forehead up against Robert's and sighed.

Layers of dark hair clouded Robert's vision and he clung on to the collar of Jimmy's shirt as his glances rose and fell between his friend's eyes and lips.

Jimmy raised a hand to trace a finger along the cupid bow of Robert's top lip, and then bottom. He pulled the lip down revealing a slightly crooked row of bottom teeth. Jimmy breathed a small laugh and smiled before he felt Robert take his fingers into his own.

He cradled the finger Jimmy had used and calmly delivered a kiss to the tip of it. Robert glanced up at Jimmy's eyes and watched as a wide grin forced them into a squint.

He clutched the nape of Robert's neck and guided his face closer to his own until their noses touched.
Robert reflected a smile of his own and swept wild strands of dark hair off the side of Jimmy's face.

Jimmy examined the dimples on both of his friend's cheeks and felt how their eyelashes interlaced whenever Robert's eyes made a trip from his stare, down to his lips, and back up to his eyes.

Jimmy brushed his lips against Robert's, drawing a sigh from the other man. He froze under Robert's breath and pulled his lips away to say, "Maybe we shouldn't-"

"Just kiss me," Robert hissed into the warm air between them.

Jimmy looked up at Robert's eyes one last time- heavy eyelids hid most of their blue- and in one brisk movement, he covered Robert's lips with his own, plunging into a deep kiss with the other man.