Chapter 12

Third Person Pov:

"Master," Zayan muttered in resignation, though he wished the earth would open up and swallow him whole. Unfortunately, that was not an option. Death, he thought, might offer a release from his suffering, but suicide was unthinkable. It was an act of cowardice and forbidden by his religion, a transgression that would bar him from entering paradise.

Bashir smirked in satisfaction, his eyes gleaming with disdain and mockery. "I didn’t realize it was so easy to break you. You’re truly pathetic—the weakest person I’ve ever seen."

"Don't think I am letting you or our father control me because I am weak or I can't stand up for myself. No, it's not because of that, but it's because our father has something - a secret leverage, someone who is beloved of mine which keeps me shackled to the invisible chain preventing me from breaking free like a person who is chained to the wall and the key to the open the shackles is kept Infront of him but his strength is his weakness that time and he is powerless to free himself " Zayan thought, he wanted to say it out loud. He wanted to scream  'He isn't weak' but he didn't dare to. He couldn't reveal it, not yet.

Ayaan, who had been observing silently, stepped forward and crouched in front of Zayan. His fingers traced Zayan’s face mockingly before he cupped it roughly. "Aww, does the baby want a cuddle?" he taunted.

Zayan, overwhelmed and unsure of how to respond, remained silent. His gaze was fixed upward, his expression a mix of resignation and pain, as Bashir yanked his hair, intensifying his humiliation. Never in the world, did he think, he would be humiliated by his brothers? But isn't it his fault? Doesn't he deserve their hatred for leaving them? But did he have any choice? Or there was a way, he was unaware of?

"Tell us, Our Slave. How does it feel to be completely at our mercy? A powerful business man is now kneeling in front of us " Ayaan continued, his gaze held unlimited joy. Ayaan always had wanted revenge. He had seen their mother cry every night because of Zayan's decision to leave them. He vowed to take revenge for their mother's tears from Zayan. And now he is getting the opportunity to get the revenge for a whole month. How satisfying it is? He couldn't tell. Words were short to express what he was feeling.

Before Zayan could react, Ayaan slapped him on the face. The slap was the sting of further humiliation rather than the pain. A humiliation that he would have to endure the whole month.

But the slap didn't stop, Ayaan slapped Zayan thrice before stopping himself. But it did little to soothe the anger in his eyes.

"Stop it, Ayaan. We don’t yet understand the full extent of our control over him. We need to be certain before we go ahead," Asim interjected, his voice low and menacing. His gaze was cold, gleaming with a ruthless intent.

Ayaan looked at Asim as if he was about to defy Asim but then with a resigned sigh,  he nodded his head, stepping aside.

"Our Father has sent us to punish him, Asim. Now, we can't go without punishing him. Since he is so eager to be disciplined, why don't we do it? " Bashir chuckled darkly. 

Zayan wasn't affected by their tone, or their attempts to make him cower. He was used to humiliation and mockery but it was his brothers, his own brothers whom he used to shower love and protect them. And he will continue to protect them from his past, the truth and the truth of their mother. Isn't his mother the reason for his suffering? She made a mistake due to which he is suffering for the whole life. He was perplexed. He knew he couldn't blame his mother for his father's actions. His father could have dealt with it in a different way. He wanted to blame his parents for his suffering but could he? Would it be right to blame them? He wanted to blame his father for making him suffer but every one has different way to deal with their suffering? And his father was dealing with his pain in this way. Could he blame his father for that? He wanted to blame his mother for his suffering but was it right to blame her? She made a mistake, yes but everyone makes a mistake so did her mother. No one is perfect.  He wanted to hate his brothers for humiliating him instead of understanding him. But Could he blame them!? They are reacting this way because he left them. They must have suffered because of him, his choice. And then, him. Could he blame himself? He didn't know whom to blame? He also had done mistake, hurt people because of his pain. But it wasn't right to hurt others for his pain. When people tried to help him, he behaved rudely with them. They were only trying to help him but he pushed them away. He couldn't blame anyone for his suffering but himself. It was his choice to suffer. He could have done something else to bring her back. It was his choice to suffer. And even now it's his choice to be humiliated. He can't blame anyone but himself. He made a girl suffer. If only -- "Zayan!" Some one yelled making him come out of his mind.

"Where were you lost!?" Kareem, who was quiet the whole time, growled furiously.  "Bhai, let me handle him" He looked at Bashir who nodded backing off with a smirk.

"You will count every hit I gave you, if you know what's better for you." Kareem lifted Zayan's chin, his grip tightened but Zayan didn't hiss. He was used to it.

"Answer! I want words!" Kareem slapped him when he didn't get an answer from Zayan

"Yes, Master " Zayan forced himself to say it but it came out as a whisper. If the room wasn't quiet, no one would have heard it.

"I. Said. Loudly." Kareem whispered into Zayan's ear making sure to emphasize every word.

"Yes, Master. I will count" Zayan said a bit louder. His eyes burned with humiliation, he received from his brothers.

Author Note:

How's it?

Are you excited for the next chapter?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I apologise for going without telling you. I was overwhelmed, stressed and upset. I didn't think I would  ever be back but here I am.