Prolouge

Over on a faraway land, completely baren of any human presence, was a young jungle green wolf pup named Roxy, running through the woods at a blinding speed. Trying to make it back to his pack before his absence is noticed, as he was coming back from somewhere that he never should have been. The river that flows through the edges of their territory. A place that his own father had told him never to go over and over, however it was the only place where he was able to meet with his best friend, Claria, the Alpha-Heir of the RiverRush pack.

Unfortunately, his father was strongly against them being friends because the WoodLand and RiverRush had been at odds with each other for as long as the two packs existed. The many conflicts they've had tarnished any motivation for the two packs to be at peace and for as long as Roxy has been alive, he's heard the same thing about the RiverRush over and over. That the RiverRush wolves have no care for the WoodLand and is everything they stand against. But Claria is nothing like that, and that makes her worth it to defy his father over and over, just to see and talk to her.

Yet despite her title as Alpha-Heir, Claria is very humble and playful, and is the nicest and silliest pup Roxy has ever met. He also feels that Claria is the only pup who truly understands Roxy. Before he met her, Roxy felt he was truly alone in his thoughts, that no other wolf, other than his father, knew just what it meant to have so much pressure on themselves and understood just what it meant to be an Alpha-Heir. Then he met Claria and for the past few moons, the two told each other many of their thoughts, feelings, and struggles being Alpha-Heir's of their packs.

No doubt about it. Claria is worth going through all the trouble, but he one day wishes that he wouldn't have to constantly dodge and run just to be able to spend time with Claria. But for that to happen, both Roxy and Claria must convince their packs to make peace, and that was easier thought of than done, due to how long the packs have been bitter rivals.

But that would have to wait, Roxy has to try to make it back to camp before he gets into big trouble. If he runs fast enough, he could slide right in without anyone noticing, he may just get away with it this time.

"Roxy!"

As soon as he heard his name, Roxy immediately stopped in his tracks, almost falling forward in his face, in front of the last wolf he wanted to find besides his father. The Beta of the WoodLand pack, Xander.

The large grey wolf had a blatant scowl on his face that made Roxy immediately cringe, knowing for sure that he won't get away with this one. He draws a long-sustained sigh. "I should've known you'd be all the way out here, Roxy."

"Xander, I know it doesn't look like it, but I've actually have been hunting all this time." Roxy insists.

Xander kept his stern on the pup. "Really? Then what's your catch?"

Roxy's confidence was sapped at the question. "I...uh...didn't get that much....ju-just a rabbit and a bird."

Xander stiffed up at Roxy's pathetic answer. "A bird...and a rabbit? That's all you got?"

Roxy swallows a pinecone into his stomach. "Yes sir."

Xander crunches his lips and closes his eyes with a disappointed sigh. "For as long as you've been out here Roxy, I expected you to have a moon's worth of food for the pack."

"I-I understand Xander, but I tried. I really did." Roxy insists.

"Don't play this with me Roxy." Xander interjects, seeing right through the jungle green pup's poor attempt to assure him. "I know exactly where you've been, at the river along our territory to see that RiverRush pup. Am I right?"

Roxy easily caves. Seeing no point in hiding it. "I....may have passed by it a time or two."

"As I thought." Xander replies with a fierce stern. "You know your father has countlessly forbid from that river."