Chapter 14 ִ ࣪𖤐

It was monday morning and as always I was dragged out of my bed forcefully by my brother

It was monday morning and as always I was dragged out of my bed forcefully by my brother. Who even made him my brother at this point. I was getting ready, today I decided to wear white short top with baggy jeans paired with the most random jhumka I could find.

Today I was going to meet Raghu uncle. Bhai is going to drop me, because it's closer to his office route. I'm meeting him after almost 5 months, I got busy with work and he was on a mini vacation away from us maniacs. His words.

Moving out of my room I went downstairs. Dad was reading the newspaper and mom was probably in the kitchen scolding Ramu kaka.

Sneakily I went behind the sofa and shook dad, scaring him. He got startled and threw the newspaper on the ground.

"Dhruvika, why would you do that? One of these days you for sure will give me a heart attack," he said, keeping his hand on his chest.

Laughing I picked up the paper and kept it on the table wishing him a good morning before going towards the pooja room.

Kanha ji aaj ka din apke naam, acha jane de do warna apse gussa ho jaungi mai toh iss baar. After finishing my pooja I went towards the kitchen to make my morning coffee.

"Good morning, mother," I greeted mom while saluting her.

"Morning," she said, before plating the food. Damn she looks angry today. I shall stay away from the anger herself with a good social distance.

"Good morning," bhai entered the kitchen fixing his tie. Maa just ignored him and went out with the plates. Interesting.

"What did you do that she is this mad at you subha subha?" I asked him while taking out another cup to prepare coffee for him as well.

He sighed. Damn something very big.

"She told me to start with the wedding preparations and told me to come home early today because she has called pandit ji to finalise the dates for haldi and wedding. I told I can't because I have back to back meetings and I'll be home late," he said, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Itni jaldi kyu?" I asked because there are still 4 weeks left and we had decided we will not have a grand wedding and call only important relatives.

"Bua ne kuch kaha hai inko, pata nahi kya lekin. Parso aayi thi ghar apne bahu ke saath. Ab yeh gussa shaadi tak rakhengi," he said before leaving the kitchen. I also headed towards the dining area.

Settling down I saw today's breakfast was poha, chalo kha sakti hu isko toh. Before I could take a bite came the question I didn't want to listen to at all,

"Maha rani ji aap bhi aaj late aane wali hai ya sanskar bacha hai apke andar ki ghar aake apni maa ki help karte hai sab kaam me?" she questioned no more like taunted me.

"Woh maa-" I opened my mouth to say something but this lady is way too dramatic for her own.

"Haa bas yeh karlo, ghar me kisko farak bhi nahi padh raha hai ki shaadi hai bohot sara kaam hai. Bas inki kaam ka hi parwah hai sabko," she said before leaving the dining room.