Chapter 3 ִ ࣪𖤐

'Best friends' a very overrated word for human beings who are no less than a fucking maniac

'Best friends' a very overrated word for human beings who are no less than a fucking maniac. Vikram Kapoor is one of them, including Dev Dutta. But the least to say is they have kept me on my toes and didn't let me enter the jail. At least I can thank them for it, I guess. Growing up with them made me understand why my mom always said no to pets. I mean, they think the same of me so it's only fair. So the situation we have right now is, the 'GREAT CEO' vikram kapoor is getting engaged in about 45 minutes from now and is wandering around the room like a lost puppy dog nervously.

"Are you nervous because you are getting engaged or are you nervous because you're planning to run away?" I couldn't help but ask which made Dev choke on his drink and laugh loudly.

"How about you keep your mouth shut if you have nothing good to say?" Vikram retorted back with a glare and sat down taking a sip of water.

"I mean Agastya does have a point, you remember how you kissed archa in front of everyone when you got jealous? What's up with your ass now then, unless you're planning to kiss her again and this time in front of all the elders." Dev spoke which made me laugh and agree with him.

"Har kutte ka din aata hai beta, tera bhi aane de tab kuch bolunga." Vikram spoke in a low voice.

(every dog has its day, let yours come and then i'll tell you something.)

We were about to answer him back when we heard the door knock, getting up from the chair I walked towards the door. Opening the door I froze, no scratch that my existence was frozen. She stood in front of me. Her eyes widened in shock? She looked scared? I can't name it.

Dhruvika Kapoor. The only sane reason for my existence.

She looked fucking serene in that white saree. Her face is adoring with just blush, whatever shade of lipstick you call it, eyeliner and bindi. I can feel my heart palpitating and wanting in need of oxygen to sustain this woman right in front of me. Jesus, keep me alive today.

"Why are you standing in front of the door as if you saw a ghost, Agastya? Who is it?" Vikram asked, coming beside me.

"Oh, dhruvi. What's wrong?" he asked her.

"W-woh woh- bh-bhai '' she was stuttering her eyes not leaving mine. She started shivering visibly more. Fuck, I can't stay here anymore. I excused myself and walked towards the terrace area of the hotel for some air. It felt suffocating to know the way she reacted on seeing me again after 3 years. Reaching the terrace I sat down on one of the chairs and closed my eyes leaning back.

I felt someone keeping their hand on my shoulder. Opening my eyes I saw it was Roohi.

"Bhai, are you okay? Why are you sweating so much? I came to call D, but I couldn't see her and then I noticed you walking up here. Did something happen?" she asked, her eyes confused in worry.

"Nothing. I just wanted some fresh air." I mumbled in a low voice before getting up from the chair. Looking at her who was staring at me like she saw a ghost, I raised my eyebrow questioning her about why she was staring at me like that.