Chapter 1 ִ ࣪𖤐

“DHRUVIKA KAPOOR WHERE ARE YOU WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP ME WITH THE ENGAGEMENT PREPARATIONS?”  maa yelled through the phone

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath before answering her, “maa, woh i'm in the office. I had to attend a client before I took holidays for bhai’s engagement. I promise I'll be there in an hour.”

“30 minutes me ghar ke andar rehna warna bhul ja ki engagement attend karni hai.” she spoke in a frustrated voice. “Maa yaar abhi nikale me time lagega mujhe, 1 ghante me aa jaungi na pleaseeeeee.” I knew she could feel my puppy eyes just through the voice hehe.

(be there inside the house within 30 minutes or forget you had to attend the engagement.)
(maa now it will take time before I leave, I'll be back in an hour please.)

“One hour dhruvi not more than a second.” she spoke and hung up the call. Sighing, I continued writing the final reports of today's session so I could leave early.  After 20 minutes I was done with the reports, keeping it inside the file. I walked out of my cabin and straight went to the parking lot.

Connecting the phone to bluetooth I played songs and started the drive, just to get stuck in traffic. When I checked the time it was 2:45 PM and I had to be there by 3. Maar gaye aaj toh.

(I’m dead today.)

Calling bhai is the last option now; chal beta dhruvi call kar le kuch bolenge nahi tujhe, bhai hai na.

“HIIIIIIIII BHAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII”
“Chudail ki tarah chila kyu rahi hai tu, sunai deta hai mujhe ache se.”

(why are you screaming like a witch? I can listen very well.)

“I’ll let that name slide for now, anyways that’s not what I called you for. I need help, please don’t say no, I’ll help you sneak out with bhabhi after the engagement party. Pakka promise.”

“What help?”

“Maa said I have to be home by 3 and now I’m stuck in traffic. Please make some excuse to her. I swear I had urgent work before I took a holiday, that's why I went to the office today. Please bhai apni pyaari si choti behen ke liye yeh kaam kardo.”

(please brother, do it for your lovely little sister.)

“Fine, this is the last time I’m helping you with such things. I’ll tell her you went to the venue for last minute check ups which I already did.”

“Okay, I love you. I’ll be there soon.”

Finally the traffic cleared out pretty soon and I reached home within the next 30 minutes.
Parking the car in the garage I walked inside and spotted maa scolding Ramu kaka. Sigh it’s going to be a long night now. “Kitni baar bola hai ramu ki sab time se hona chahiye. Ab dekho mithai abhi tak bani-”

“Aree maa chill karo thoda, yeh lo juice pii lo, sweets ka mai dekh lungi. Ramu kaka jaake ready kijiye sab.”

(how many times have I told you Ramu everything should be done in time, look now sweets aren’t even ready-)
(maa chill a little, here drink this juice. I’ll take care of the sweets now.)

Making her sit on the sofa I knelt down and kept my hands on her knees and spoke, “Why are you taking so much stress, we have workers. The venue is also set, all the outfits have arrived and kept in the rooms. The gifts we are supposed to give to bhabhi will be kept in the car in the morning. Coming back to sweets, ho jayenge woh bhi. Main hoon na.”

“Yeah yeah; don't think I will not know you made your brother lie to me about going to the venue, next time inform me before disappearing for work. Now go get freshened up and eat something so we check the guest list for the last time and keep the gifts in the car.”

Smiling at her and pecking her cheeks, I made my way towards my room. Changing my clothes into comfortable pyjamas I called my best friend Roohi, we have been together since high school. Bitch knows everything about me. I sometimes doubt if she is a gay for me hehe.

‘The number your trying to call is currently busy please wait for sometime or call again later’
This is the third time i'm trying to call her but still the line is busy, she sure is single so who the hell is this lady busy with. Anyways, I’ll go help maa before she takes up the whole house on top of her head and does bharatanatyam (please don’t tell her I told this.)

TIME SKIP

Completing all the chores it was almost time for dinner. That's when the doorbell rang and I made my way towards the door. Opening the door I spotted my father and brother together.

“Where were you both till this late in the night?” I asked them
“Office beta, we had to wrap up some meetings before tomorrow.” papa spoke.
“Not everyone is jobless like you chudail. Now, get away, I'm hungry.” bhai said, hitting my forehead before heading inside.

“I AM NOT JOBLESS FOR YOUR INFORMATION. I ALSO HAD WORK TODAY WHICH APPARENTLY ENDED AT 2:30, AND HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A CHUDAIL. EVER LOOKED AT YOURSELF? I PITY BHABHI GOD KNOWS WHAT SHE SAW IN YOU AND FELL IN LOVE.” I yelled from the door.

“Vikram stop troubling your sister and sit quietly or you won’t get dinner.” her mother said and started serving for everyone.

Take that, Dhruvika 1 Vikram 0

We ate dinner in peace, lie. I and bhai were bickering as always and well what can I say about my parents they are so used to this at this point that once papa was eating popcorn while watching me and bhai fight like dogs and cats. After dinner, I went to my room and did my night skin care routine. Checking my phone for any mail from the office, a message popped up from Roohi.

Bitch<3: Sorry I didn’t pick up your call, I was in the airport. Bhai is back from the states, so me and rohan bhai went to pick him up. Tomorrow I’ll be there at 10 AM so we can get ready together. I love you, muah <3

After replying to her I closed my phone and thought of sleeping. But my thoughts were stuck at a particular message.

He is back.

God; Dhruvika, just go to sleep. 

                  𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

So, this is chapter 1. I hope I didn't disappoint you guys. Make sure to vote and comment your opinion as well.

Love,
Zimo 𖹭

Love,Zimo 𖹭