Chapter-18

Author pov

"What are you doing here?"

With questioning gaze seoji asked him, " do you perhaps know him oppa?"

"Hmmm, he is cousin of jimin so yeah I somehow got to know about him"

Taehyung gaze was fixed on jungkook who was purposely avoiding to look at him .

"That's nice why didn't jimin never mentioned his cute cousin"
Mrs Kim said making jungkook blushed at her words.

"That's ok now we got to know him so we shouldn't dwell on it" seoji said

Seoji and taehyung took their respectively seat and everyone starts eating,. In this whole ass conversation jungkook didn't even utter any words . On the table two or three words being exchanged between the family.

And here he couldn't even couldn't swallow the food properly because of nervousness he was feeling from inside even he could feel taehyung eyes looking at him from time to time.

He know that there last encounter was very friendly and comfortable with each other and maybe he can try to talk to Taehyung and get rid off the tension he was feeling.

at the corner of his mind maybe there was the lingering fear about the kiss they both share and unwillingly by other , but its not like anyone or hus friend knew right? Then why he was fearing.

And taehyung he is not any less at first after seeing jungkook he got lot of shocked but still try to maintain his face and bore his eyes unconsciously on jungkook who was try not to look at him.

And also while eating he can see jungkook is nervous and fidgety while sitting,  that got him thinking why he was nervous , is it because of him? But he didn't do anything, right?

After having dinner jungkook was about to calls his driver to pick him up but when taehyung call his name from behind he flinched hard.

Gulping his saliva he says "hyung?"

"Let me drop you , yeah?" Smiles warmly

"Oh! Um sure hyung." Nervous chuckle

When taehyung tell seoji to fetched his car keys from his room , jungkook was avoiding looking at taehyung who was talking to his mother. After getting his car keys both start to walk outside not before jungkook waving at seoji and thanking Mrs Kim for food.

Taehyung starts the engine and drive upto road , he can sense that today jungkook was more awkwardly silent and fidgety.

"Are you good , jungkook ?"

Jungkook faced him with wide eyes nodded his head.

"You are looked pale. What are you nervous for?"

"It's nothing hyung "

Well how can jungkook just say that seeing you after long time,  makes my heart beats like crazy and how in the holy world he is the brother of seoji.

The silenced stretched in the car but one has to break this tortures silence and it has to be taehyung which literally makes jungkook to look at him dumbly.

"I and jimin broke up "

"W-what??"

Jungkook couldn't believe his ears if they heard it right or not.

"Why would you-" jungkook stopped at asking sentence because according to him its not his place to ask him thus type of questions. But as a cue taehyung explained that.

"If Technically see jimin is the one who break up with me but I'm at literally at fault for not spending time with him but in my company and he assume that I was cheating behind him back"

Jungkook gasped at that " jiminie hyung accuse for cheating , did you-"

"No jungkook if you are talking about the kiss we had he has no idea about that , he just make up scenarios that I was cheating on him ."

"T-then didn't you try to correct him?"

Taehyung hummed at that and  turn the car to left side , they are almost close to jungkook house.

"I did ! I did ! But he didn't believe me and his more accusations come that I couldn't help but agree it myself "

"And what were that?"

The answer didn't come fast as the car stopped in front of Jungkook's house , before turning fully towards jungkook.

"Do you really want to know?" Asked cautiously

And a positive nod he got.

Taking a deep breath " because of you"

"M-me?" Jungkook pointed at himself

And taehyung nodded at him now with a hard gaze.

''What did I even do?"

Jungkook ask fiddling with his fingers as the air in car suddenly turn to suffocating to even breathe .

"you........you ask me to kiss you! Then later you say you feel guilty and then ask me to stay as your friend!!"

"And after that I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about you , even when I was with jimin you're always occupied mind , I literally stop kissing jimin , even I stop spending time with him. Just only because of you and today what I see that you are in my house and now you befriend to my sister!"

Taehyung let it all out his stressed, frustration everything he was bottling up inside. Silenced stretched in the car only breathing sound could be heard inside.

Jungkook cannot seem to digest the fact and guilt that he was once again feeling, he could only able to whisper

'I'm sorry hyung"

"After our project will complete I won't stay friend with seoji"

"I think you just misunderstand me here I was just surprised to see you and her being friends  so you will not break your friendship with seoji because of this matter , ok?"

"Okay"

"So...."

Jungkook was now looking at taehyung as older who was trying to say something but couldn't able to form the words .

"Do you want my number ?"

And jungkook with wide eyes nodded slowly and handed his phone to Taehyung who put his number in contact before giving back.

"I think I should go"

Taehyung nodded while pursuing his lips.

As he remove the seatbelt and open the car lock but before he open the door taehyung voice stops him.

"Good night "

Jungkook smiles widely

"Good night hyung , drive safely "

_____________________________

💜