13) Desire

[Levi's POV]

A/N: Bear with me, this might be rough.

-----

I wanted to see how far I could go with the whole teasing Y/N thing and accidentally triggered a major panic attack. Before I could even process what was happening, she was passed out against the wall.

When my mom came back to tell us where our rooms were, I was already in front of Y/N checking for breathing and taking her wrist into my hand to check her pulse. She was breathing a bit heavy and her heart was racing abnormally fast.

Mom offered to call 911 but I knew it was just a panic attack, caused by me, so I decline, "it was a panic attack. If she has already seen a doctor regarding them then it may not be necessary to call. Let's wait until the morning, I'll ask her about it first thing."

"But if it's something serious then-" Mom starts but I cut her off.

"She has anxiety, if I take her for something unnecessary she's going to hate me!" I insist. "If anything changes, I will take her to the hospital myself."

"Okay, son. Can you lift her? So she can be put in a bed to rest," I nod and grab Y/N's arm, draping it over my shoulder as I wrap my own arm around her back. I then place my other arm under her knees and lift her up, as gently as I can. I follow my mom, carrying Y/N bridal style into the room she had picked for us.

"It has the biggest bed, so I figure you two ought to have it," I place Y/N on the bed and smile at my mom.

"Thanks," I don't wait for a response and push past her. I rush into the kitchen, hoping the host has a complimentary stash of alcohol for us. I feel like shit after causing Y/N this trouble and need something to numb my mind. I very quickly notice the mini fridge, open it and grab a beer. I began chugging it as my mom entered the room.

"What are you doing?! You need to be coherent so you can deal with her if anything changes!" My mom shouts at me. I shrug, finish the beer then place the empty bottle on the counter before grabbing a second one.

"And I'm confident she'll be fine," I reply, cracking open a second one.

"You aren't driving like that! If something else happens, I'll drive her. I better not see you go near any keys with that in your system," I had already started chugging the second beer while she was talking. I finish it before setting the empty bottle down and rolling my eyes at her.

"Tch, she's gonna be fine," I grumble.

"Levi, Y/N already worried me tonight. Could you please not do it too?"

"If seeing me drink bothers you, then go somewhere else!" I snap.

"Okay, son," my mom says, sadness lacing her words. I grab a third beer and begin chugging it as well.

"Just answer something for me. This girl, your relationship seems just a little weird. I thought she was another fake girlfriend but she did a really good job insisting otherwise. And you seem happier with her, plus abnormally worried about her right now. Do you have real feelings for her?" I slowly nod.

"Of course, she's my real girlfriend mom!" I place the empty bottle on the counter and grab a fourth drink. "She's so considerate and cute and-"

"If you two are lying about being a couple, you better tell her how you really feel. Don't let her slip away," mom says before walking away. I continue standing there, chugging my fourth drink, then quickly decide to drink the last two in the case. Six beers in and I'm feeling great. I can tell my impulse control has been lowered but I also feel a bit confident yet still mostly sober.