Chapter 15

)()()()()()(

It would take Bella three days to wake up.

And Erika was getting stir-crazy within the first seven hours.

Erika passed Renesme off to Rosalie, not being maternal enough to look after a child for long periods of time, and left the Cullen residence. It really didn't matter to her that Bella was more or less dead to the world for the time being.

After Erika's little stunt with her manipulation and copycat ability, the Volturi Vampires were a little wary around her. Ananias was the only one acting normal, even Marcus seemed to keep his distance. It set her nerves off, knowing her mate was uncomfortable around her but she didn't care. She did exactly what she needed to.

After two days of that, barely getting more than a sentence at a time from him, she had enough. She wasn't going to deal with the silent treatment if she didn't have to. She wasn't going to come back groveling.

She had done that before, with Leroy.

She refused to do that ever again.

She knew there was danger in going out clubbing when UCOM was looking for her, but she didn't particularly care. If no one was going to listen to her here, she'd find someone else. It wasn't as if she was going out to fuck, she just wanted some time where no one knew her and their opinions didn't matter. She didn't care if she was looked at while there.

Erika came out of her room in her tightest black jeans, a lacy maroon bralette and combat boots. The Volturi V necklace was perfectly nestled at her cleavage, showing off just enough for her liking. She was careful enough to still wear it, especially with the way Marcus looked at her after going into the main area of the house to inform him she was leaving.

His dark eyes raked over her body, a hunger newly conjured came into his eyes as he swallowed. She was proud that she was the one to cause that.

"Erika?"

"Hmm?" She looked up, flicking her curled pearl hair back to reveal eyes lined darkly and lashes added for an alluring effect, which he quite felt at the sight of her in any way. "What?"

"Why are you dressed like that?" He asked plainly.

"Oh," Ananias sounded excited, looking up at her. "We going out? Drinks or clubbing?"

"I'm going clubbing. Alone." She emphasised, grabbing her phone and checking it. "I need some time to unwind without Vampires constantly around me. And no, I don't care about UCOM at the moment. Ducissa is gonna be in my shadow anyway, aren't you darling?"

Ducissa purred loudly, curling around her feet before disappearing into her shadow. The weight of her settled in Erika's shoulders, reminding her she wasn't alone.

"I'll be fine," She put her phone in her back pocket before flashing them a sharp smile, "Don't wait up."

She left before they could even reply, and when Marcus went to the door to try and stop her, she had disappeared. Almost like a shadow, once there and then gone.

He had to find her.

)()()()()()(

It didn't take long for her to get into the nightclub, grabbing a drink from the bar, something strong, something that could make her forget. She finished it, ordered a cocktail, sat at one of the booths to finish drinking it in peace before she felt the calmness that alcohol brought her.

The nightclub sprung to life when she strutted to the dance floor. She needed the movement, the sway, the way to rid herself of consuming energy. The hued lights intensified, beams pouring down as she stepped to the music. It became louder, almost deafening. She wanted to dance, everyone else wanted to dance as a result.