CHAPTER THREE - TO HATE SOMEONE

TRISTAN
"I know you Sinclair." I spoke bluntly, I could feel my cheeks burning up. What the hell was going on?

Serena was one of those people who could be read like a book if you tried. I did. I knew everything about her. Her favourite color is black, but she thinks it's too embarrassing to say, and always chooses pink. Her eyes spark when she wants to do something. Her love language is physical touch...
I could go on and on,
I knew her.
But why didn't it feel like that?

"No you don't. You don't know me anymore." Serena muttered, looking straight into my eyes. I could see myself in her brown eyes. I could've gotten lost in them. They were always prett- Tristan. Get a grip.

"I know you well enough to know you wouldn't cheat on someone. Whatever happened is Chris' fault, I know it." I blinked, watching her ears turn red.

"You remember him?" She rose a brow.

Of course I did.
——————
FLASHBACK

9 YEARS AGO.
PARIS 2015
——————
I opened my eyes slowly, staring up at the roof in the bed I was laying. Wait, what bed was I in?
My head was killing me. "How much did we drink last night..?" I muttered out loud, Serena didn't answer.
I sat up, snapping into reality. I saw Serena laying on the floor with a pillow under her head. I sighed, getting up and throwing the blanket over her.

I looked around her dorm. I was visiting Serena for a week in Paris, seeing the university she was going to. Her mom also made me bring her tons of stuff...
She had posters of random European men, it was odd. I shrugged before watching her phone buzz. I turned to go pick it up, it was a text from "Chris ❤️".

I felt my gut tighten, I read the text. Salut! We still up for our date tonight? LMK.
I dropped the phone, making a small sound that woke Serena up. I stumbled back, acting as if I didn't see anything.

Serena turned to look at me, rubbing her eyes. "Morningg..." She whispered, her voice sleepy.
"You got a text." I pointed at her phone, she reached out and grabbed it. I watched as a smile grew across her face.
So it was true.

"Who is it?" I cleared my throat.
"My boyfriend!" She smiled, looking at me. My expression was blank.
"Oh. I see." I stood up, putting on my sweater.
She had a boyfriend? Why didn't she tell me?
"So? What are you here for? What's the first thing you wanna do in the Paris!" She laid back, putting her phone down with a grin.

You idiot. What do you think I was here for?
I was here to confess to her.
I put up a smile. "Whatever you want."

I left Paris that week without a word of my feelings. She had a boyfriend. It was the last time I saw Serena.
Eventually, I moved on.
I did. Right?
—————————
END FLASHBACK
—————————
Of course I did.
But those feelings were in the past, for sure.
Definitely.

"Yeah. I just remember a bit. Some shit of him being your boyfriend and what not." I looked to the side, scoffing.

Serena nodded. "We should uh." She cleared her throat. "Get up."
I nodded quickly, getting up and lending my hand out to Serena. She grabbed it and stood up, brushing herself off.

I felt my phone buzz, "One sec." I picked it up. "Hello?"
"Bring Serena home. Mom won't yell at her now." Serena's brother spoke over the phone.
"Alrighty." I hung up, turning around. "You're going home."

"NOOOPE." Serena shook her head instantly. "My mom will kill me. You saw what she did to you!"
"Caleb says she won't do it anymore. So go home. I'll go with you." I put my hands in my pockets.