three

Present day.

"You have to do something Tate!" Angel screamed.

The girls arms were thrown up in front of her. Her blood stained blond hair lightly floating around her as she struggled to keep the doors that led into the town hall closed.

Tate's eyes jumped from her to Isobel who had her back pushed up against the second door that led into the building. She was holding her bleeding arm and letting out muffled sobs. He didn't know what more he could've done. Everywhere he looked all he was reminded of was that he was useless. He couldn't help them even when they needed it the most, even though he had the capacity to do so. He was so scared of hurting one of them. As he breathed heavily he noticed the air coming in began coming in smaller amounts. Was he having a panic attack right now?

"Breathe!" Isobel shouted trying to knock him out of whatever phase he was going through.

The boy looked down at his bandaged hands. Should he take them off? Did he have the strength to face his friends after showing them who he really was? He heard another scream, one of anguish followed by a thud. When he looked up, Isobel was on the ground crying out in pain and the men that had been after them were coming in like a swarm.

After that, Tate lost it. A second later he had reached them and his bandages were falling to the ground, he looked up at the group of men who were aiming their crossbows at him and an evil smirk appeared on his face. He could feel Angelica and Isobel's eyes on him. They were watching him, worried... wondering why he had put himself in so much danger. Without a single thought, the boy reached his hand out and grabbed at a man's throat, pushing him against the nearest wall.

"Go!" Tate yelled, looking back at the two of them, "Run, I'll meet you at the place we talked about!" he yelled again and watched as the two girls ran away. He couldn't shake the horrified look on their face as they watched him take a life so easily.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The images flashed in his mind. Coming back to him in a burst. Memories... memories he did not own. He had never met the girl, but still... Tate couldn't control it or stop himself. His legs moved on his own and before he knew it, he was holding Angelica in his arms tightly. He shook against her, unable to stop himself as everyone present glared at him. Gia almost wore a jealous expression at first. The boy never hugged anyone. He didn't even want to be touched so hugging had been written off completely. Until today, the only two people he had ever hugged were Gia and Eleanor.

Cassie walked in, oblivious to what had just happened and what was still happening. She walked towards the table and sat down, looking up with an awkward smile.

"I was so worried... I thought you left," Tate's voice cracked as he shook his head. He didn't let go and for some reason the girl didn't fight the hug. It wasn't that she understood where it came from but as she stood there, in his arms, she felt like he needed this.

"I thought you had left me be-" Eleanor's hand on his shoulder stopped him completely. His eyes opened wide and he swallowed the lump in his throat before taking a step back.

He looked the girl up and down and slowly wiped away the tears that were threatening to stain his face. He cleared his throat and looked at the woman over his shoulder who was giving him a concerned look. She knew exactly where he had seen her before and that fact freaked her out just as much as it freaked him out. She had tried to keep this buried, but how much longer could she do it when something like this had just happened?

"I'm Angelica..." the girl spoke up and smiled softly, "But Angel is fine," she said with a laugh earning chuckles all around the room. They were awkward chuckles, those of confusion, but at least the silence was gone.