ten

"Alright everyone! Work on going through all of this debris!" Theodore yelled at his men as he stood in the middle of what used to be one of the liveliest towns in all the land. This town he used to love visiting with his father had been reduced to ashes and dust. He had to go through the debris and try to find any survivors if he could. As of now... the only things he had pulled from the darkened debris were burnt corpses.

It was unacceptable... to not only attack a village that had only ever been neutral, even throughout the endless war that used to rage, but to also burn it down with everyone inside it. Innocent people had paid the price for something as worthless as a message from Zeravia's rulers. It made the man sick to his stomach.

The prince walked around, helping his men out whenever they needed it and looking for survivors on his own. He hoped to find one, just one was what he was rooting for, but not to his surprise... they never found any.

Even Alexis and Vic had pitched in for the search and rescue, but it appeared just as useless.

The future King was sitting on a wide rock, his face buried in the palms of his hands. Alexis observed from afar, she was moved at the way Theodore felt and was about the tragedy. While she had seen many things in her life, the Prince had amazed her ever since she had been rescued by him and his father. She practically couldn't get anything from him. It fascinated her. She eventually joined him on the rock, crossing her arms over her chest as she closed her eyes. If she could give him one good news about anything, she would.

After their last meeting at the castle, the Prince had been spending a lot of time in her company. They enjoyed one another's presence and for the first time in her life, Alexis allowed herself to see him as a brother... as the brother she had lost so long ago. She had lived her life along with him in the castle, never getting too close to him, but it appeared they both needed each other in the end.

"Theodore..." She whispered, her eyes still closed. She didn't get a response, but after a few seconds, she could feel the man's eyes on her.

Alexis had a gift. She had been blessed with the gift of foresight, allowing her to obtain visions depicting the future. Only one person knew about this and it was Theodore. She could tell his anticipation was rising with every passing second, he knew what she was trying to do. He must've also known that even if she did have a vision, she would not simply tell him. That was her one and only rule. With her visions the only thing she ever did was advise people, she never simply gave them the answers.

"Are you seeing anything interesting Alexis?" Theodore questioned, his eyes a bit red and puffy. Had he been crying over this? She wondered as soon as she opened her eyes and noticed it, "Depends..." she replied smiling as her head turned towards the forest that that stood tall next to the ruins of Turham.

A cloaked figure slowly walked out of the line of trees. Theo followed the girl's gaze and smiled a bit, before he could turn towards her again she had already walked away. His head snapped back towards the figure that was now slowly walking towards him. His smile turned into a grin and he shook his head.

"How long has it been... a little over five months since the last time I saw you," the prince said closing the gap between them.

"Sorry your highness..." The voice of a man was heard from under the hood of the cloak, Theo could hear the other's smirk through his words, "I got a little busy," the man finished.

The infamous night visitor. A man without so much as a name or a face. Theo had first met him in that very town, back when it was still lively. Anyone wearing a cloak was not exactly blending in. The unknown man had reached out to the prince. He had told him about having secret information on Zeravia and ever since then, he had acted as an information to Theodore. Though, after not hearing from him for months, the worried prince almost came to the conclusion that he had died. Two years... they had known each other for two years now and he still knew nothing about the other.