Together Into Tomorrow

Today was the day of their wedding—the day that would change everything in their lives. The air was thick with excitement and a hint of nervous energy. The sun had risen bright and warm, casting a golden glow over the venue, and setting the perfect tone for the festivities.

The morning had been a whirlwind of tradition and mirth during the Haldi ceremony. The air had been thick with the scent of turmeric, and laughter had echoed through the house as friends and family smeared the bright yellow paste on Abhishek and Manisha. The ceremony had been a playful affair—turmeric had flown as liberally as jokes and well-wishes.

"Watch out, Abhishek, you're starting to look like a human turmeric bottle!" teased one of Abhishek's cousins, as he grinned while applying another generous layer of the paste.

"Careful, or I'll start charging for my new 'golden glow' look," Abhishek shot back, pretending to pose like a model.

Manisha, with her hair wrapped in a towel to prevent any further turmeric mishaps, giggled at the banter. "At least I'm not the only one with a 'golden' look today."

The playful splashes of water from an impromptu water fight added to the morning's chaotic fun. Friends and family had joined in, creating a lively, colorful mess that perfectly captured the joy of the occasion.

The house was buzzing with activity as everyone hurried to prepare for the main event—the wedding itself. In the bride's room, Manisha sat quietly as the makeup artist added the finishing touches. Her reflection stared back at her in the mirror, adorned in red and gold, looking every bit the bride. But beneath the surface, a wave of emotions churned. Her friends were not there, and with no family of her own, the emptiness in the room felt overwhelming.

Riya, Abhishek's sister, entered the room, bringing with her a gentle smile and a comforting presence. "Manisha, you look absolutely beautiful," Riya said, kneeling beside her.

Manisha managed a small smile. "Thank you, Riya. I just... I didn't expect to feel so alone today," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Riya reached out and took her hand. "You're not alone, Manisha. You have Abhishek, and you have us. We're your family now."

Manisha's eyes shimmered with unshed tears, and she nodded, grateful for Riya's kindness. "I appreciate that, more than you know."

Meanwhile, in the groom's room, Abhishek, dressed in his wedding attire, was adjusting his turban in front of the mirror when Riya, his elder sister, walked in with Sameer in tow, leaving Manisha in her room. Riya had a smile that mixed mischief with warmth.

"Look at you, Abhishek," Riya teased, "all decked out and ready to charm the world. I'd say you're a dashing groom, but I don't want to boost your ego any more than it already is."

Abhishek laughed, "Oh, come on, Riya. You know it's the family that makes the groom. And where's Sameer? Did he get lost in the crowd?"

Sameer, appearing with a grin, added, "I'm here! Just needed a moment to escape from the endless supply of jokes and 'wise' advice from your cousins."

"Ah, the trials of being part of this family," Riya said, patting Sameer's back. "But don't worry, Sameer, you're doing great. And Abhishek, try not to get too nervous. Manisha's already got you on a pedestal, and you've got nothing to worry about."

The cousins and friends started gathering around, adding their playful comments. One cousin winked at Abhishek, "I hope you've got a good plan for tonight. You know, 'How to Keep Your Wife Happy 101'—we're all counting on you to nail it," Abhishek glares at him and they all laugh at him.

Outside, the decorators were adding the final touches to the mandap, the sacred space where the ceremony would take place. Flowers adorned every corner, filling the air with their sweet fragrance, while the sounds of wedding preparations—the clinking of bangles, the rustling of silk, the soft hum of conversation—blended together into a harmonious symphony.