02.

˚୨୧˚ My childhood soulmate ˚୨୧˚

The final bell rang with a long, echoing chime that reverberated through the halls, signaling the end of the school day

The final bell rang with a long, echoing chime that reverberated through the halls, signaling the end of the school day. Oliver, Maeve, and Levi were among the first to escape the building, eager to leave the day's chaos behind. The three of them practically burst through the front doors, their footsteps quick as they headed for the parking lot.

Maeve stretched her arms above her head, letting out a groan of relief. "Finally free!" she declared with dramatic flair. "I swear, if I had to sit through one more P.E lesson i would've revolted myself."

Oliver chuckled, glancing over at Levi, who was quietly tucking his history notes back into his backpack. "Come on, Maeve, I'm sure Levi loved every minute of it."

Levi grinned sheepishly. "It wasn't so bad. But yeah, I'm ready to leave school behind for today."

They reached Maeve's car, and she quickly unlocked it, the three of them piling in with the kind of practiced ease that only came from years of riding together. The engine sputtered to life with its usual reluctance, and soon they were cruising through the neighborhood, leaving the school and its long day in the rearview mirror.

The town was bathed in the golden light of the late afternoon, the sun beginning its slow descent toward the horizon. It wasn't a big town, just a cluster of neighborhoods, a few parks, and a main street that hadn't changed much in decades. But nestled on the corner of that main street, just past the local bookstore and across from the park, was the heart of their post-school ritual: The Diner.

The Diner was an old-fashioned, chrome-wrapped building with big windows and a neon sign that buzzed to life in the evenings. Inside, it was all red vinyl booths, checkered floors, and a jukebox in the corner that still played old rock 'n' roll songs. It was the kind of place that felt like stepping back in time, which was exactly why they loved it.

Maeve pulled into the parking lot, expertly navigating her car into a spot near the front. "Alright, folks, let's eat," she announced, turning off the engine.

They climbed out of the car and headed inside, the bell above the door chiming as they stepped into the warm, welcoming atmosphere of the diner. The smell of frying bacon, burgers, and fresh coffee enveloped them immediately, making Oliver's stomach rumble in anticipation.

A familiar face greeted them from behind the counter. Jessie, the diner's long-time waitress, waved them over with a smile. She was in her forties, with short, dark hair and a no-nonsense attitude, but she had a soft spot for the three of them. They were regulars, after all.

"Afternoon, kids," Jessie said, handing them three menus they didn't really need. "The usual booth?"

"You know it," Maeve replied, leading the way to their favorite spot near the back a corner booth with a perfect view of the entire diner and the jukebox within easy reach.