04.

˚୨୧˚ My childhood soulmate ˚୨୧˚

.ೃ*: Social Media
                     +
                   in real life

Oliver, Maeve, and Levi had grown into their teen years with the same tight-knit bond they'd had since childhood

Oliver, Maeve, and Levi had grown into their teen years with the same tight-knit bond they'd had since childhood. Now, instead of playing tag or sharing toys, they spent their time debating music, planning weekend hangouts, and occasionally rolling their eyes at their parents Ava, Inara, and Sophia who still insisted on embarrassing them with baby stories.

One Saturday, the families decided to meet up at a local café. The parents sat at a table near the window, sipping coffee and catching up on life while keeping one eye on the teens, who were huddled at their own table, engrossed in conversation.

"Can you believe how grown up they are?" Inara asked, watching Oliver animatedly explain something to Levi, who was clearly pretending not to be interested but hung on every word anyway.

Sophia smiled. "Maeve told me the other day that Oliver's helping her with a school project. She says he's 'cooler than most high school seniors,' but don't tell him that."

Ava laughed. "I'll keep the secret. Oliver's been talking about it, too—he's convinced Maeve's the only one who understands his sense of humor."

At the other table, Maeve nudged Oliver with a smirk. "So, are you coming to the concert next weekend or what? Levi and I already got tickets."

Oliver leaned back in his chair, pretending to be nonchalant. "Maybe. Depends if you guys are ready for my superior music taste."

Levi rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right. You better be ready for our playlist. Maeve's been curating it all week."

The easy banter between them was punctuated by laughter, their connection still as strong as ever despite their growing independence. Across the room, the parents exchanged knowing looks, proud of how their kids had turned out.

"They've come a long way," Sophia mused softly, glancing fondly at Maeve, who was now confidently holding her own in the group, no longer the little one trying to keep up.

"And they still have a long way to go," Inara added with a smile, thinking of all the adventures and milestones yet to come.

For now, though, they were content to enjoy the moment, three teens, once tiny kids, still looking out for each other as they navigated the complex world of growing up.

The café buzzed with the low hum of conversations and the soft clatter of dishes, but at the teens' table, it was all about banter and big plans.

"Alright, so here's the deal," Oliver began, leaning forward with a conspiratorial grin. "The concert next weekend? We're not just going to stand in the back and nod along. We're going front and center."