08.

˚୨୧˚ My childhood soulmate ˚୨୧˚

.ೃ*: Social Media
                   +
                   in real life

The following week, the air around the band felt charged with anticipation

The following week, the air around the band felt charged with anticipation.  They had been jamming regularly, building up a collection of songs that they were all proud of, and the excitement of finally sharing their music with the world was growing. Maeve, as always, had been the one to push the idea of teasing their followers on Instagram.

"We need to let people know we're up to something," she said one afternoon as they hung out in Oliver's garage. "But, like, not too much. Just enough to make them curious."

Levi sat on the floor, guitar resting in his lap, while Oliver leaned against the wall, fiddling with his phone. It wasn't like any of them were social media stars, but they did have a few hundred followers between them, friends from school, local musicians, and people who had seen them at Inara's concert, olli's mom. It was time to give everyone a taste of what was coming.

"Subtle, huh?" Levi said, raising an eyebrow. "You're not exactly known for being subtle, Mae."

Maeve grinned, adjusting her snapback. "Maybe not, but I can be when it comes to this. We'll just drop hints, like breadcrumbs. People love that kind of stuff. Mystery, suspense."

Oliver chuckled, already opening the Instagram app. "Alright, fine. What are you thinking? Studio pics? Teasers?"

"Exactly," Maeve said, bouncing up from the couch. "Here, let's do something low-key but cool." She grabbed her phone and snapped a quick picture of their instruments set up in the garage: Oliver's guitar, Levi's amp, and her bass leaning against a stool. The lighting was moody, with sunlight streaming through the dusty windows.

"Perfect," she said, editing the photo quickly. She added a simple caption: 'Big things coming soon, Stay tuned.'

Maeve hit post and turned to the others. "Your turn. Be creative."

Levi rolled his eyes but couldn't hide his smile. He scrolled through his camera roll until he found a shot of his guitar case half-open, It wasn't anything too revealing, but it gave just enough of a clue to get people interested. He posted it with the caption: 'Been cooking up something special.' He added a fire emoji for good measure.

Oliver was last, and he took a moment to think. He wasn't one to post often, but Maeve's energy was infectious. He glanced down at his notebook, where the lyrics to Heather were scribbled in the margins. a small part of him wanted to share something personal, but not too much, just a hint of the emotion he'd been pouring into their new songs.