Full moon

" Cressida where are you !?" I heard grandmother shout from our cottage with a shrill in her voice. I let out a sigh and shut the spell book , that I have been studying in a forest beside our small but cute cottage. I tilt my head towards the tree tops closing my eyes , soaking up the warmth feeling of the sun on my face that's peeking through the trees. "Cressida make haste!" I heard grandmother shouting from the cottage again.

" Coming Grandmother!" I shouted back at her with firm voice. I grab my satchel that was sitting on forest floor beside me and put my spell book inside the satchel. I stand up from the log I was sitting on and look at my familiar which was an orange tabby cat with green eyes that I called Rosemary . " Come Rosemary we best head back before grandmother loses her head again" I say rolling my eyes and picking up her. It only takes five minutes to get back to the cottage and I can hear my grandmother inside fretting about me , my mother is trying to calm her down. I open the door to the cottage , Rosemary jumps out of my arms and head towards my room most likely looking for place to fall asleep. My grandmother and mother stop what they are doing and turn towards me " and what have you been doing these last few hours?" Grandmother ask sternly .

My mother gives me an apologetic look and goes back to what she was doing before having to calm grandmother down. I'm left alone with my grandmother who looks a little worn down with age. Her pale skin has become a little thinner and her once bright red hair is now white . Though grandmother's beautiful green eyes are still bright as ever. She has her arms crossed and giving me small glare. I walk up to her and wrap my arm around her shoulders " lighten up grandmother I was studying my spell book for tonight" I say with a light tone. " Lighten up you were suppose to be back hours ago ! The full moon is only three hours away and we still have to get you ready for the ritual" my grandmother says steps away from me and walk towards the stove in the kitchen. I follow her into the kitchen and watch her stir the potion on stove with a wooden spoon. " You had your mother and I worried sick Cressida" she says with her back turned towards me. " you were the only one worried mother" my mother said walk into the kitchen with a giggle , She had small smile on her face.
My mother is beautiful witch , she has pal freckled skin , red hair long hair with green eyes . She still dresses like a hippie which gives her a youthful appearance. If you put me and my mother side by side we could be twins . The only difference between me and mom in appearance , is that I raven black hair that I got from my father and I'm a little short than her . I have inherited the eye green from my grandmother .
" well someone has to worry about things around here with you two having your heads up in the clouds" my grandmother said snippedly while bottling up the potion. " why don't I take Cressida to get ready for the full moon mother and you focus on the potions and spells for the coming of age ritual?" My mother ask my grandmother with soft tone .
My grandmother looks at my mother with a big smile " yes that great idea !" She squeaks with approval. Mother and I head up stairs to get me ready for tonight's ritual.

Thank you for reading!