64 | Visitor

I've been awake for a day now, and while my headache is gone, my body still aches with every small movement

I've been awake for a day now, and while my headache is gone, my body still aches with every small movement. I sent the boys out to find me something to eat—it's been over two months since I've had a proper meal, and after a month of being fed through a tube, I'm desperate for something that actually tastes good. The doctors finally gave me the go-ahead for solid food, so I'm not wasting any time.

There's a knock on the door. "Come in," I call out, expecting the doctor, but instead, I see a familiar blonde step into the room.

"Hi," Camille says nervously, hovering near the door.

"Camille? What are you doing here?" I ask, surprised.

"I can't come visit my best friend in the hospital?" she replies, trying for a light tone.

"Best friend?" I raise an eyebrow. "You haven't spoken to me properly in months, and when you did, you told me you were jealous that your boyfriend drugged me."

She looks down, guilt written all over her face. "I know, Ale... God, I'm so sorry. Can I please explain?"

I sigh but nod, motioning for her to sit down. She pulls a chair up beside my bed.

"First, I'm really, really sorry for what I said," she starts, her voice trembling. "I don't know what came over me... I was just so jealous. You and Alessio were getting closer, and then there were all these new guys around you. I could handle Theo and Lucas because you've known them forever, but then Niccolo, Giovanni, and even Jacques... They all seemed so fascinated with you, and I just felt left out."

"You were jealous of me and Alessio?" I ask, genuinely confused. "Why?"

She bites her lip, hesitating. "I guess I had a thing for him, for a while... but not anymore, I promise. I see how he looks at you, and I know it's real. You two... you're really good together."

"Thank you," I murmur, feeling a mix of emotions.

"I was stupid, Ale. I should've been a better friend instead of letting jealousy get the best of me. I'm so sorry... I just want my best friend back."

I study her face for a moment, trying to see if she's sincere. "You're sure you're over Alessio?"

She laughs softly, nodding. "Absolutely."

"Okay then," I say, reaching out to hug her. It's tentative at first, but we both relax into it, the familiarity feeling comforting after everything that's happened.

We sit there talking for a while, catching up on everything. It almost feels normal, like old times.

"So... are you still moving to New York?" Camille asks, her voice quieter now.

I nod slowly. "Yeah, I am. In two months, actually."

She looks surprised. "And what about Alessio? What's happening with you two?"