Prologue

"And isn't it just so pretty to think,
All along there was some invisible string,
tying you to me?"
— invisible string, Taylor Swift

౨ৎ

I love Achilles.
I'm in love with Achilles.

Achilles one of the nicest boys I've ever met, he's the kind of boy you read about in books——almost perfect in every sense.

He's smart, effortlessly so, always ranking at the top of every academic quarter without breaking a sweat.

He's not just athletic; he's the star of our school's football team, the one everyone counts on during big games.
But what amazes me even more is how he balances everything else in his life.
     After football practice, he's off to band rehearsals, where he's insanely good at playing the electric guitar.

On top of that, he does modeling gigs, looking effortlessly cool in front of the camera.
And if that wasn't enough, he's the leader of the debate club, always quick on his feet with arguments, and he still finds time to fulfill his duties as the treasurer of the student council.

It's hard to believe one person could juggle all that and still have time to just hang out like a normal teenager.
     He's the kind of person who seems like he was made to shine in every way possible.
     Achilles is, by every definition, perfect.

But it's more than that.
He's charming—the kind of charm that lights up a room the moment he walks in.

Achilles has this untouchable beauty, the kind that makes your heart skip a beat even when you're just watching him from afar.
Looking at him, it's impossible not to get lost in every detail of his face.
His face is striking—sharp, yet with a softness that's almost hypnotic.

There's something about him that pulls you in.
Maybe it's the way his lips part slightly, like he's about to say something profound, or maybe it's the way his gaze lingers on things with quiet intensity, as if the world around him has slowed down.

It's no wonder that everyone at school has dubbed him "The Sweetheart."
     There's a flock of admirers—girls, guys, even teachers who all sing his praises—drawn to his warmth and approachable nature.

Everyone has a soft spot for him.
     And despite the endless admirers, despite the attention, he remains grounded.
That's what makes him special.

Achilles has never let his popularity define him.
     He's friendly and down-to-earth, someone who genuinely cares about people, even when they have nothing to offer him in return.

Achilles Dimitri Lacsamana. A name that comes with weight.
He came from a well-known family.
His mother is a famous actress, her face is on every billboard and TV ad, and his father is a successful businessman who owns a chain of fast food restaurants, hotels, and hospitals across the country.

It's a life of luxury, but Achilles never acts like he's better than anyone.
     If anything, he's humble.
     He never flaunts his background or wealth.

You wouldn't even know who his parents were unless you looked it up, and that's just one of the many things I admire about him.

I met Achilles when we were twelve.
     I still remember that moment so clearly.
     It was the first time I had ever felt that way—like my heart was racing but I didn't know why.
     He was my first love, even though I didn't understand it at the time.