Chapter 28

TINY
Later that night...

I'd told Tyree that I needed to spend some time at my place due to the shit he'd JUST told me. But, I still wanted to hear the whole story because there's a reason behind everything. If anything, I should understand coming from the traumatic shit I been through.

We made our way to my apartment and headed for my room to settle in for the night. He'd gotten comfortable taking off his shoes and sweater and shit so I guess he took it upon himself to stay for a while or all night. I just hoped the story he'd give me made sense and was true. I literally can't take the lies and shit no more from a nigga.

"Now why you sittin all the way over there man." Tyree questioned. I was sitting at the edge of my bed far away from Tyree scrolling through my phone.

"I ain't know It mattered where I sit on my bed." I retorted with my nose up. He huffed a hard breath before making his way to me. He'd bent down placing his hands on both sides of me on the bed while he sternly looked into my soul.

"You gon stop with this smart ass attitude and let me fucking explain what happened like an adult should, Ight Tiny?" He spoke with an assertive but aggressive tone. I rolled my eyes at his tone before motioning for him to tell his side of the story.

"Communicate with yo words, I don't know no fucking sign language." He uttered in annoyance at my hand motions for him to speak.

"Alright Tyree, go on and say yo piece." I said back finally making eye contact with him. He never looked away as he huffed a breath before backing away and standing up in front of me.

"Now, I had an ex bitch awhile back and we was together for about 2 years or something. Remember I told you bout ole girl? Everything was good until I officially got into this street shit." He spoke with what seemed like regret in his voice. "The bitch kept talkin to the opps on the low, tryna be buddy buddy with they ass knowing what that meant for me... Tsss... she eventually was on some 'set up' type shit and had me robbed." He said finally looking at me. He had sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. The tone in his voice was soft yet slow where he took occasional breaths in between to maintain his heightened emotions. I could tell this was an uncomfortable conversation, not just for him, but for me as well. But as adults, this what this shit comes with. The hard talks and hard times we'd have to experience and talk about together.

"Them niggas took everything man. From me, to my mom's shit- them niggas took everything from me Tiny." He sighed furrowing his eyebrows at me. "And I knew it was her because the timing was too on point, she knew motherfuckas' wouldn't be at the crib that night and she had my shit raided man." He continued as he reached in his pocket for the blunt he rolled before we made it here. He let out a long breath before continuing, sparking the blunt up and I kept my attention on him. I never interrupted since I genuinely wanted to listen and understand. I wasn't here to judge or neglect him because of his past. Hell, I had my own shit happening where he could've been abandoned me.

"Went through the bitch phone and seen she was inboxing a nigga I was into it with. She was fuckin on him and some mo shit man. Next thing you know, the same nigga come in my crib with some mo niggas taking everything a nigga worked hard for at my young ass age." He continued.

"I found her bout'... a week later after she blocked me and stopped talking to me. Tsss I ain't even wanna kill her like I do these niggas out hea' man." He continued shaking his head and inhaling a blunt. He paused his story to stare up at the ceiling until I spoke to snap him out his trance.

"So, what happened..." I hesitantly asked keeping my eyes looking into his.

"I choked her ass up and beat her ass." He said hitting the blunt once more. My heart sank as he said it nonchalantly. However, I understood his tone as well as the actions he took.