.☘︎ ݁˖ 02: 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

“Its hard to look away when your light draws me in

“Its hard to look away when your light draws me in.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 days have passed since the last time they spoke about her, but Shin's mind won't stop drifting back to thoughts of the Apothecary.

Right now, he is sweeping the floor of their small shop, trying to clear away the dried leaves scattered in front of the entrance. As he works, he catches sight of fresh, vibrant leaves-green like her eyes. It's infuriating how everything that reminds him of her keeps popping up, and it's not helping at all.

Fortunately, the relentless assassination attempts from low-class hitmen and the never-ending chores provide some distraction from the irritation of her lingering presence in his mind.

Still, it's impossible to ignore. Hearing her name from the only daughter of the Sakamoto family, who cheerfully claims that she misses her and wants to see her again, makes him want to bang his head against the wall. The little girl's innocent wishes only serve to deepen his frustration, reminding him that their brief encounter left a lasting impression he can't shake off.

Picking up the remaining trash, Shin was about to throw it away in the bin when he was startled to see the familiar figure who recently clouds his mind. She stood there in her casual outfit, a simple blouse paired with a pants, but now her face was free of any cap or mask, revealing her beautiful features illuminated by the rays of sunlight.

“Y-you—” he stammered, his hands unconsciously releasing the trash he was about to dispose of.

On the other hand, Rei just stared at him in confusion, her head slightly tilting as she wondered why he was acting so strange. She noticed the way his expression shifted, a mix of shock and flustered embarrassment playing across his features, and it puzzled her.

She took a step, slowly approaching him while still maintaining a safe distance. “Are you okay?” she asked softly, her gentle voice enveloping his senses once again.

The clairvoyant felt his body freeze, his voice strained as if something were holding him back from conversing with the beautiful emerald-eyed woman in front of him. Reading her thoughts, he struggled to stay composed, not wanting her to think he was a weirdo or some strange man just because he found her incredibly pretty.

“I'm fine,” he answered, silently hoping she wouldn't detect the nervousness in his voice. “You came back. Do you need something? Cat food that you want to purchase again?”

Rei shook her head and glanced behind him, spotting the doorway of her favorite store. “Is Hana inside? Can I go see her?”

“Sure,” Shin instantly let go of the broom, tossing it aside with abandon. He grabbed a bottle of alcohol, applying it to his hands at lightning speed, before sprinting toward the door and flinging it open for her. “Here, she's waiting for you.”