.☘︎ ݁˖ 05: 𝐀𝐛𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

“Like magnets drawn together, some meetings are simply meant to be

Like magnets drawn together, some meetings are simply meant to be.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 the stray cats is one of the few things Rei is fond of. She enjoys patting their little heads as they eagerly eat the treats she brings, the soft feeling of their tongues gently licking her fingers, and the way they always lean into her touch. It's something that never fails to brighten her day.

She didn't know why, but sometimes she felt that in a past life, she might have been a cat too. Maybe that explained her deep affection for them.

“Meow,” a certain black cat raised its paw to her hand, and she couldn't help but smile at its cuteness. Humming softly, she stroked its fur, which prompted the other feline friends to gather closer, as if they too were seeking her gentle attention.

“I wonder if I should adopt a cat...” she murmured under her breath, dusting off her clothes and standing up, causing the felines to glance at her sudden movement. She blinked and placed a hand under her chin, standing at the edge of the village street, still staring intently at the cats.

If someone were to see her right now—her expressionless face partially hidden behind loose strands of hair, standing in a secluded corner with these adorable animals—they might think she had sinister motives.

With her brows slightly furrowed, eyes narrowed in deep thought, and her unwavering stare locked on the cats, she looked less like someone pondering adopting them and more like someone plotting to use them as ingredients in a strange recipe.

“Cats are small and adorable, but they can be annoyingly playful and might cause trouble in the shop or in the lab,” she concluded, nodding in agreement with her own thought, as if proud that she had realized this important fact. Just then, a passing kid caught sight of the scene, and a shiver ran down his spine as he conjured up some ridiculous conclusions about the situation.

“H-Hey! Don't you dare! Don't hurt them, you fool!” the kid shouted, causing her to shift her intense emerald eyes toward him. With her bangs hanging loosely over her face, wearing an outfit that didn't resemble her usual work attire, the kid immediately assumed she was some kind of thug.

She blinked, confused by the sudden outburst, her head tilting slightly to the side. “Hurt them?” she mumbled under her breath, brows knitting together in genuine bewilderment. Still, her expressionless face and the way her piercing emerald eyes remained fixed on him did nothing to ease the tension.

The kid took a deep breath, trying to stand his ground. “Y-Yeah! I know your type! You're-You're probably planning to turn them into... into... cat soup or something!” His voice cracked, but he kept pointing a shaky finger at her.

She blinked again, even more confused. “Cat... soup?” she echoed softly, her tone neutral but her furrowed brows making her look like she was seriously contemplating the absurd accusation. 'What a bizarre accusation. Who even thinks of that?'