35.

Outside...

Fatima was chilling with the rest of the moms while sipping on some cocktails and engaging in casual conversation while the kids were playing and running around all over the place. Zoë's separation anxiety instantly "faded" when the birthday girl (Sindi) invited her to go play in the bouncy house. Although she was reluctant at first, she still agreed to leave Fatima's lap and go play with other kids. Fatima couldn't help but get somewhat emotional from watching her socially anxious babygirl engage with her peers.

"It's been over half an hour and she hasn't cried for me" Fatima expressed to the birthday girl's mother/ her newly found friend (Lizzy).

"Girl, I told you that she just needed to be around kids her own age" Lizzy said. "I'm not a therapist, but believe me when I say that separation anxiety is honestly just a phase that is dependent on age and surroundings. My child also used to have it when she was Zoë's age, but look at her now."

"I think I'm starting to believe you" Fatima chuckled before sipping on her drink. "To think that me and her father were even skeptical to put her in daycare, but now I think that daycare is exactly what she needs to outgrow this anxious phase."

"I definitely agree! I'll give you the contact details of the one that my daughter goes to" Lizzy offered. "Here, put your number in my phone."

"Thank you. I'd really appreciate that" Fatima smiled as she took the phone and saved her number in Lizzy's phone.

Over with the kids in the bouncy house. Zoë was happily jumping around with her new friend Sindi when Zac popped up out of nowhere and snatched her off with the speed of lightning. Naturally, Zoë immediately started screaming crying, causing Fatima to come running towards the gut-wrenching cries of her only child.

"Mommy!!" Zoë cried while reaching her arms out to Fatima.

"Zachary, what the hell are you doing?!" Fatima yelled. "Put her down!"

"Look Fatima there's no time to explain!" Zac expressed. "Please just go get your stuff. We're leaving. NOW!" He said in a hurried tone.

"NO!" Fatima said sternly. "And give me my fucken child!" She said reaching for Zoë but Zac tightened his grip.

"Daddy stopp!" Zoë whined in-between tears. "I wanna go to Mommy."

"Princess, do you trust daddy?" Zac asked.

"Yes" Zoë replied amidst sniffling.

"Good girl" Zac said, rubbing her back as she laid on his chest and slowly began to calm down.

Zac began to walk away from the bouncy house as Fatima followed behind him. He walked to the table where Fatima had left her purse and cell phone - he packed her belongings into her purse, while Fatima just stood there watching him.

"Fatima, is everything okay?" Lizzy asked, observing the situation. "Should I go get someone?"

"No, don't worry. I'm good" Fatima replied before stepping closer to Zac.

"Okay, well if you're leaving you might as well take a party pack for Zoë" Lizzy said giving her one. "Thanks for coming. It was nice meeting you - hopefully we can stay in touch."

"Thanks for hosting us, Lizzy" Fatima said with a smile. She then turned her attention back to Zac...
"Baby, please just tell me what's going on" she asked softly.

Zac didn't respond. Instead he gave Fatima her purse before scooping her up in one swift motion and tossing her over his shoulder. Needless to say, almost all the ladies who witnessed the whole ordeal were impressed by his strength of managing to carry both Zoë and Fatima simultaneously, all while making it look so effortless. Despite half of them being married, deep down, they knew that they'd definitely risk it all for Zac.