Chapter 10: Star Sabor

"Where is everyone?" Smokescreen asked Ratchet. He had gone on a patrol and had just come back from it.

"An Icon relic beacon had popped up," Ratchet explained. "They are recovering it."

"Okay, I'll be-"

The computers blared off, cutting off Smokescreen. "Another Icon beacon?" Ratchet double checked to make sure it wasn't a simple glitch in the system.

"I can take it," Smokescreen offered.

Ratchet turned to him. "Are you sure?"

"I'll be fine," Smokescreen told him as he made a "don't worry" body gesture. Ratchet made a face, sighed, and opened the Ground Bridge. Smokescreen walked through the portal. Coming out on the other side, he heard the sound of construction ... cybertronian construction. He creep his way to a ledge and looked over. Scanning the area, he saw something. The Star Sabor, Smokescreen's mind lit up. The ancient weapon of the Primes, with the power of the matrix in it. Smokescreen remembered the Hall of Swords and saw it for the first time in his life. But like much of his timeline ... the Hall was gone. Swords scattered across this universe with many of the relics that Alpha Trion and Arrow Strike don't have.

Smokescreen knew what each sword did and how they worked. He was fascinated by them and would study them for hours. He snapped back to reality when Megatron appeared. Are they going to move the mountain? Smokescreen wondered. Oh ... right. The Star Sabor couldn't be pulled without a current Prime. He needed Optimus, ASAP. "Ratchet," Smokescreen started to comm, "Megatron's here and the Star Sabor is- AH!" Smokescreen was hit by an insecticons and was rolling down the hill.

"Smokescreen!" Ratchet exclaimed loudly. "What happened?! And did you say Star Sabor?" Smokescreen didn't answer and when he tried to get up, Megatron grabbed him and flung him against the massive rock.

Vehicons grabbed Smokescreen by the arms and held him to his knees. The warlord gripped Smokescreen's face and caused him to look at him. "I remember you. And my, how you've grown." Megatron's voice leaked over communications. Ratchet quickly bridged himself over to where the rest of the team was.

"We have a situation!" Ratchet exclaimed and told them what was happening. Tinker's face lit up with fear and was the first to go through the portal. Teleporting them to the scene, Smokescreen was still being held down by cons. Optimus fired at them, setting him free to join the growing battle.

Tinker ran to Smokescreen's side. "Before you say it, yes, I'm good." Smokescreen told him. The two's arms became blasters, and they fired at their foes. "We have to get the Sabor before they take off with it!" Smokescreen told them. The Nemesis was already pulling the massive rock up into the sky. Optimus drove up there and was fired at. The Autobots covered their leader as much as they could.

Smokescreen gave Optimus some temporary speed. He looks over at the Prime's son, he saw the fighting style he was using. He knew it. It was a technique that he seen his childhood that certain mysticbots used to control their powers ... or any cybertronian who is highly trained ones would use.

Smokescreen snapped back to the fight, but Bumblebee noticed him staring. Why did he stare at me? Bumblebee wondered. Where they were right now made it impossible to think about something else. They heard a loud thud. They turn to its direction.

Optimus had the sword in hand. Megatron DROPPED the mountain ... and it was rolling towards him. Optimus turned, swung the weapon, and it cut the rock in half. Smokescreen side glanced at Bumblebee; he didn't seem surprised at the Star Sabor's power. Does he ... know about the Star Sabor's abilities? Is he a mysticbot too? Shortly after Smokescreen's side glance ... Bumblebee made his own. He thought the same thing.

They called Ratchet for a Ground Bridge ... after Optimus returned the favor of dropping a mountain on him. Returning back into the base, the sword began to glow. Optimus raised it above him looking into its copy of him.

"Optimus," Ratchet began. 

"What is it?" Bumblebee finished.

"It is a message," Optimus began to tell them, "from Alpha Trion." The room fell silent. More silent to Smokescreen.