Chapter 4: Bryce

Knowing that I might have a chance again I can't help but think of my brother. You think about how this was suppose to be your thing to do together no matter what. But you promise if anything would happen to one of u the other would continue to get the dream they wanted.

I sigh to myself. "I wish u were here" I say hoping that somehow it was all just a bad dream and you would wake up and everything would be okay again.

I make my way down the stairs hearing my mom coming home.

"Ooh hey honey. How was school? Were they and nice to you?" she said taking off her jacket and shoes.

"yeah, well I did skate again. So I guess that something. I did leave when they came to train."

"why did you leave? Couldn't you have ask they had an opening?" she asked confused.

"Well this guy Luke I think his name was asked if I would try out for a position later this week. I did tell him I would think about it. So but I'm still not sure if I would try out or not. It's been so long since I played mom. What if I'm not as good as they made me out to be?"

"Ooh honey, you might need to get back to training but you never forget anything that you been doing for years. And another thing I know you are as good as they make you out to be." she said making sure I heard her and the confidence she had in me.

I smiled at her still doubting myself. But I knew I would try for her. "I guess we're trying out" I say to myself feeling a little heavy on my chest.

The next day you decided to look if Luke was anywhere to be find. So I can ask when these tryout are. You make your way to your locker not looking where you going you bump into a girl.

"Ooh shit sorry didn't see you there. You okay?" I asked helping her up again.

"You did not just run into me" she yelled. I look at her a little confused.

"Look I said sorry here is your stuff bye" I said raising an eyebrow. I kept walking this time looking where I was going. You look over your shoulder only to see some girl gather around the girl you just bumped into. Fuck you sigh to yourself. I hope she doesn't make my time here terrible.

Well there he was waiting at my locker as if was summoned there. We lock eyes he looked at me as he was thinking the same thing.

"Hi" I said "I was about to come look for you. When are these tryouts?" I looked up at him. I was tall for a female but he was towering over me.

"Yeah, euhm well we have training today. If you want you can join us." He said pointing at his friends who were staring at us. "We... I was wondering if you were ready to hit he ice again and just join our team? No try outs and all that bullshit? You don't have to be pressured to join of course, it's totally on you." He went on.

"You sure that you guys want me to join your team? I mean it's been a while since... . Since I been in competitions."

There was some silence hanging between us. You look back at the team that was smiling at you at this point. You gave them an awkward smile back.

"Yeah, well we discussed it after training yesterday and your our best shot at finally winning some competitions."

With that being said you were finally on your way to closure.