This is the End.

They plunged their hand into my chest with a sickening squelch, ripping through flesh and muscle as if they were parting water. The agony was immediate and overwhelming, an inferno igniting within my ribcage. I screamed—no sound escaped; only a choked gasp filled the air.

With a brutal yank, they pulled my heart from its sanctuary. Blood erupted in a torrential spray, showering the ground and painting the world in deep crimson. I could see my heart, still glistening and writhing as if it had a will of its own.

Each sickening thud reverberated through me—a drumbeat of death. With every strike against the ground, I felt fragments of myself being torn away. The pulsing heart met its end with a final splatter of gore as it shattered—flesh and blood exploding outward like grotesque confetti, staining everything nearby in dark red.

The pain was indescribable. My body convulsed involuntarily as I struggled against the overwhelming waves of agony crashing over me. Each beat of my remaining instincts faded to silence as reality blurred and twisted into chaos.

I felt warmth pooling around me—the last remnants of life escaping from my open wound. The metallic tang of blood filled the air as it seeped into the cracks of the ground beneath me. My vision dimmed further as darkness threatened to consume me.

The figure leaned closer, their features obscured by shadows but their intent unmistakably clear—a mindless murderer who killed everything in sight. Their breath was hot against my skin as they whispered words coated in malice that sent chills racing through my spine.

"You thought you could escape? This is your fate."

With one final push against my chest, everything became too much—the world blurred into an unfathomable haze. As darkness enveloped me completely, I could feel every last fragment of hope slipping away into oblivion.

And then... nothing.

...

This is the end.

I didn't think I'd have to come to this again, Mist...

"I remember now... For heroism and a cold death. I understand everything now. I was you who did this to me..."

Indeed...

"You couldn't live with your own mistakes... And I suffered for it. And now death has it's hand on me again."

Mist...

"...This time... Just let me die. I can't do this anymore and you know it."

...I'm not in a much better situation.